Mechanical Hardware Design and Process Development Engineer
At HP Inc. we believe in reinvention. We believe that technology should make life better for everyone, everywhere. It is why we keep reinventing our company, our technologies and what tomorrow holds, so industries, communities and individuals can keep reinventing how they operate, ideate and create what matters the most to them.
This position is for a R&D hardware design and process development engineer. This person will be part of a core group of engineers that will be developing and delivering our next generation of printing technology. This is an experienced level engineering position that will have tooling design, process development and process qualification responsibilities to coordinate with other engineers to deliver a full working proto line to support new product development. It is expected this individual has a firm grasp of mechanical engineering principles, fundamental understanding of materials and process development and can apply these to solving new problems. This position is seeking someone who exercises independent judgment, shows creativity and is a strong contributor.
- Design hardware engineering solutions for integration into mechanical, electrical, optical and fluidic systems, including process development for R&D/proto line with the intent to transfer to a manufacturing line. Design components/subsystems using CAD
- Assist with proto line tool transfers from other HP sites, including tear down, installation, debug and integration with other tools, process implementation and qualification.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements
- Integrates mechanical design requirements with material parameters and process requirements.
- Collaborates and communicates with management and development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Leads small project teams of engineers and technicians to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for product development.
- Teamwork and the ability to collaborate and communicate ideas are highly valued.
- Some travel will be required.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a design or process engineering role.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using CAD tools and software packages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate hardware designs as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English. Ability to effectively communicate at an engineering level as well as presenting proposals and options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top