Mechanical Engineering Design, Research and Development Engineer
This position is for a R&D Product Design Engineer.
This person will be part of a core team of design engineers that develop HP's next generation of printing technology. This is an entry level engineering position that will initially have both design and experimentation responsibilities of a defined scope for HP's new printing products. It is expected this individual has a firm grasp of basic mechanical engineering principles and can apply these to solving new problems to improve our customers' experience. The focus of this position will be to develop this individual in the discipline of product design through mentorship and added responsibilities. This position is seeking someone who can exercise independent judgment, develop creative solutions and is willing to stretch themselves in their own personal development.
- Designs portions of engineering solutions for mechanical, electrical, optical and fluidic systems.
- Designs components/subsystems using CAD
- Implements established test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements.
- Develops relationships with both internal and external development partners for mechanical and electrical hardware design.
- Own components of an overall product through the development process including idea conception through prototyping and into production using HP's product development processes.
- This person will be required to interface with other teams in different geographical locations. Some travel will be required. The ability to collaborate with others and communicate ideas is essential.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering. Typically 1 year of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of mechanical engineering & design tools and software packages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for electro-mechanical components, electronic enclosures, mechanical assemblies, structural elements, fluid system, optical components,
- Understanding of joining methods and mechanical properties of materials
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top