Mechanical Engineer - Supplier Based
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
If you are ourMechanical Engineering Supplier Based Engineer， you will have a chance to
- Manage and help sub-tier mechanical suppliers for the development and manufacturing of commercial notebook mechanical enclosures
- Co-work with x-functional team in tracking development program progress and schedule
- Monitor trial shoot, NPI builds, provide technical report, yield report and technical solutions
- Track and follow up EC implementation
- Supplier audit, assist supplier to design and verify process and fixtures, review and develop SOP/SIP
- Analyze problems with product design and manufacturing process, design DOEs for troubleshooting and provide solutions
- Be able to work independently, self-motivated, used to work style of remote mgmt.
- Work environment would be supplier based factories, with regular access to office
Education and Experience Required:
- Engineering degree with Mechanical Engineering , Automation, Material Science or Chemical
- Flexible to assignments and work locations, regular travelling would be expected
- Good communication skills, good team player, spoken and written English is desired
- Program mgmt. experience would be preferred
- Experience would be a plus with the products or processes of CNC, Die-casting, Surface Treatment, Plastic Molding, Stamping, Forging
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in electronics packaging.
- Designing sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
- Using CFD and thermal mockups to validate thermal solution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top