Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Designs portions of engineering solutions for mechanical and thermal hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, developing fan curves, system power measurements & acoustics.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners on mechanical and thermal design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Typically 2-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
- Using CFD and thermal mockups to validate thermal solution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top