The HP HCS Scanning Platforms Team is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in Ink Delivery Systems to join a team developing innovative new inkjet printer products for home and small business consumers around the world. You will be working with teams from across the organization and around the world to architect and implement designs that are cost effective and amaze our customers.
You will use product development best practices to architect and develop printer systems through the entire design life-cycle, including investigation, design, validation, and stabilization. Your focus will be on Ink Delivery Systems in home and small business products.
Work with worldwide teams across organizational boundaries will be required to develop products that balance the needs of our customer and the requirements of the business. You will use strong teamwork and communication skills to provide technical leadership and drive innovation.
Occasional international travel will be required to support prototype builds.
- Architect and develop printer systems through the entire design lifecycle, including:
- Investigation and feasibility analysis
- System and part design
- Validation and test execution
- Stabilization for high volume manufacturing
- Perform root cause analysis and work towards resolutions that balances the tradeoffs between customer and business needs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with teams both locally and internationally
- Provide leadership and support an atmosphere of collaboration and innovation
- Travel occasionally overseas to support prototype build activities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 - 5 years of experience in inkjet printer development, with at least one full R&D product development lifecycle
- Experience in Ink Delivery Systems architecture and design
- Skilled in problem solving and root cause analysis
- Ability to clearly communicate with team members, both locally and internationally
- Strong teamwork skills with some experience leadership experience
- Ability to travel occasionally, domestically and overseas
- Ability to work and accomplish objectives with minimal direction
- Flexible, resourceful, and able to work in a dynamic environment
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top