Mechanical Engineer Design/Writing Systems Engineer Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
At HP Inc., we exist to amaze. Through the people we hire, the experiences we enable, the way we treat our customers and each other, and ultimately through the technology we create.
As an Intern in the Industrial, Commercial, and Enterprise Printing Lab located in San Diego, California you will be working with a team of engineers and scientists developing exciting new technologies. Areas of focus currently include revolutionary high-speed industrial printing solutions.
Our printing technologies expand across a wide range of commercial and industrial markets. These markets present new opportunities for multi-disciplinary innovation - ink and media formulation, mechanical design, electronics, micro-fluidics and thermal sciences. Our lab is a place for creative minds with the drive, energy, and inspiration to expand printing technologies to new markets and new applications.
Summary of Job Description:
HP has an opening for an Engineering Intern in the Industrial, Commercial, and Enterprise Printing Lab located in San Diego, California. In this position, you will use your engineering background while working in an R&D environment. You will be responsible to develop, implement, and troubleshoot systems and solutions in support of new digital printing technology development.
Job responsibilities for this position include:
- Working in a team environment supporting new product development and stabilization efforts
- Demonstrating a high level of innovation and initiative in identifying, responding to, and resolving new product and process development issues
- Documentation of experiment and project results using specified formats and data storage systems
- Communicating effectively with management, coworkers, and suppliers
- Designing and implementing efficient experiments and test methods
- Resolving technical issues associated with components, parts, raw materials, and instrumentation
- Testing prototypes for quality and performance characteristics
- Design fixture, hardware, and other components to complete experiments
Education and Experience Required:
Candidates must be enrolled in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering program at a four-year accredited university (or pursuing Masters or PhD in these fields).
• Authorized to work in United States
• Attending college for engineering degree (mechanical, electrical, chemical) or equivalent degree
• Hands on, demonstrated ability to complete experiments and modify hardware.
• Ability to work with engineers, technicians, and other disciplines across groups and departments
• Good communication skills in writing and speaking
• Self-starter and strong initiative
• Candidates should have completed their junior year by the time they begin internship Summer of 2017
• Experience with controllers, debugging systems, programming devices
• Enthusiastic learner and creative thinker
Back to top