Mechanical Engineer, Commercial Notebook
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
If you are our Mechanical Engineerin Taiwan, you will have a chance to
- Designs engineering solutions for mechanical and thermal hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, developing fan curves, system power measurements & acoustics.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Leads a project team of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately- complex products.
- Represents the mechanical/thermal team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Typically 5-10 years experience.
- At least 5 years in mechanical CAE analysis
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in electronics packaging.
- Designing sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
- Using CFD and thermal mockups to validate thermal solution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top