Material Availability Manager
Leads a team of professionals responsible for regional material availability and lifecycle strategy implementation. Includes support of HP's growth into the A3 copier market and the Samsung acquisition. Actively participates on the broader staff of the commercial spare parts supply chain organization.
- Lead a team of regional planners, suppliers and logistic professionals to develop and implement a lifecycle service plan for each new product to enable Hewlett Packard to cost-effectively provide spare kits to its customer base throughout the product's lifecycle.
- Work together with Global Lifecycle Managers and Procurement and Business Units to establish strategies to support spare parts thru its lifecycle such as Part Rolls, NPI, Sustaining and EOL.
- Develop strategies to Control and improve On-time shipments, Inventory, and Back Orders metrics among others.
- Clearly and effectively communicate activities, issues, risks, and milestones, associated with each lifecycle plan to Service management and functional organizations.
- Present to upper management Product Line performance status and strategies.
- Manage Product Line inventory as per target and drive improvement projects as required to drive efficiencies.
- Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management Translate management directives and objectives into viable programs.
- Facilitate major organizational design/development strategies. Ensure that there is a solid connection between organizational goals, activities, and metrics
- Provide leadership in manufacturing, engineering, and logistical meetings involving Service strategic programs, policies, etc.
- Contribute to and/or develop departmental processes, procedures, methods.
- Coordinate development & verification activities for lifecycle support plans via deliverables, schedules, logistics, engineering, documentation, & reporting.
- Ensure all deliverables are comprehended, defined, scheduled, and tracked.
- Identify, track, & drive to resolution program issues & risks.
- Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Business Administration or related field. MBA preferred.
- Apics, Project Management and Six Sigma knowledge is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- SAP, GCSS, Easitool and BW knowledge.
- Microsoft Office Package: Advance Excel, Power Point and Visio.
- Advance Knowledge of PPS spare parts delivery process and interactions
- Understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and related supply chain planning processes.
- Understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver) and financial / operational acumen.
- Hands on experience managing improvement projects.
- Finance Acumen
- Advance written and verbal communication skills in English
- Typically 8-10 years of experience with a manufacturing or engineering firm in the high-tech sector with proven experience in supply chain functions.
- Direct experience leading projects and teams to achieve goals.
- Proven ability to lead, direct, and motivate other professionals toward organizational goals & objectives.
- Must be able to lead in a very changing and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work of self and others.
- Self-starter and independent thinker.
- Capable of managing in a matrix environment.
- Must be a visionary, "out of the box thinker".
- Must have strong people skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing business plans/proposals
- Ability to present business material/issues in a concise and professional manner.
- Innovative thinker with analytical/problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Understanding of operations management concepts.
- Good understanding of business financial concepts.
- Willingness to take ownership and risks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with materials systems and ability to execute strategic planning.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top