Marketing Product Manager - Home Inkjet Printing
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
The Future Product Manager is the “CEO of the product” and responsible for defining the set of products, services and solutions that will both satisfy and amaze our customers. In the Home Print Organization, this role will be responsible for the product management of one of our highest volume products in the print business.
In order to define the right solution, the Product Manager is expected to apply advanced subject matter knowledge, drive additional research, and ensure new ideas are brought in to solve complex business issues. This will be accomplished by being part of cross-functional team that is ultimately responsible for the product and solutions.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
- Develop deep understanding of home consumer market trends and customer insights.
- Identify market opportunities and generate new ideas, products and solutions to drive growth for HP home consumer print products and drive the definition through R&D and solutions teams.
- Determine appropriate family and product positioning prior to introduction.
- Determine initial pricing strategy.
- Regularly meet with customers or partners during the development process and solicit buy-in for the product vision both internally and externally.
- Provide closed-loop post-analysis of product strategies.
- Ensure business metrics are achieved.
- Regularly recommend product/service/solution strategic direction to senior management with a strong business case for investment.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical
- MBA preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly knowledgeable of product/solution family and the business needs of the target customers.
- 7+ years product management, business development experience or equivalent competency
- Demonstrated knowledge of general marketing function either through education or work experience.
- Strong leadership capabilities with independent judgement
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment
- Passion for the customer and able to bring the customer and outside-in view to product requirements and strategy discussions
- Ability to think out of the box and bring creative ideas to differentiate product offering in market
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills - presenting to a wide range of stakeholders, from peer groups to senior management team, cross-organization/geographies
- Strategic thinking with strong planning experience
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Quantitative and business analysis skills
Back to top