Marketing & Business Strategy
- Vancouver, WA
Senior role with senior visibility and responsibility for Print Marketing's investments including cross-functional projects (such as Sales, Category, Market Leadership and the Business Units) that actively move forward our highest priorities. You are adept with data and analytics, have a background in business consulting, change management or business transformation. This is the day-to-day management of our most critical initiatives and for sizing, framing and prioritizing our opportunities. Allowing out Executives to have sufficient data to make timely decisions about investments and to allow those to be compared and contrasted. Based on appropriate analysis of marketing information, provide value-added business performance analytics and optimization recommendations that enable continuous improvement across the Marketing organization to drive incremental demand generation or improve marketing productivity. Be the "go to" person for marketing performance.
Business strategist driving real-world outcomes propelling HP Print forward to new models and ways of working. Be the "go to" team for structured thinking, building business models and problem solving. Have a "can do" approach for business problem solving.....projects come in for analysis with hypotheses, priorities, implementation plans and solutions going out to the broader team.
You are joining a Team of 17 people based in South Korea & US who are focused on business operations and strategy of the marketing team.
Most importantly for this role you are acting as business strategy and development Expert for Print Marketing reporting to Print Marketing's new Head of Print Market Development & Operations.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years' experience in consulting and strategic planning including being a business savvy marketer.
Leads, develops analysis and frames major business issues and collaborates across the other sales and marketing functions in HP.
Takes ownership of cross-marketing initiatives such as:
- Business analytics and the Impact Dashboard
- Understands business ratios and marketing metrics and can take the lead on dashboard or metrics management (such as working/non-working ratio, impact dashboard, people/program ratio)
- Intimately understands HP's business models, priorities and breakthrough strategies looking out for the next 5 years
Personal requirements are a high emotional intelligence and experience of multi-cultural management, aligned to HP's goals of diversity and inclusion, highest levels of ethical standards .
- Research and evaluate opportunity to apply common methods and frameworks across analytic projects to allow for reuse of modeling and more efficient solutions to marketing needs.
- Recommend go-to-market actions based on analytical findings to senior leaders.
- Work with business marketing teams to develop comprehensive understanding of marketing investment opportunities/trade-offs and translate that understanding into detailed requirements.
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure that campaigns are executed accurately, effectively and within budget.
- Implement marketing process and tools such as MRM, CRM CKM to drive performance management/productivity.
- Develop marketing and sales policies with particular focus on specific product line and/or region in compliance with local regulations.
Education and Experience Required
BA or BS in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred. 7+ years marketing and project management or operational experience. Experience in Marketing database such as MRM or CRM applications; statistics background a plus. Minimum of 2 years in a consulting firm, business transformation or strategic planning - we need to know the candidate can take messy data and put it into a structured way of thinking about the issue. Advanced statistics background for analytical positions preferred (advanced degree with research and statistical focus background).
Knowledge and Skills
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing activities and practices and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of and/or experience in business and marketing strategies.
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills; ability to build and manage virtual teams.
- Excellent negotiating and change management skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with management team and functional disciplines.
- Excellent influencing and consensus-building skills.
- Excellent execution skills.
- Initiate/drive/execute complex cross-functional and cross- region marketing plan, program and/or campaigns.
- Lead cross-region data-driven analyses and actionable planning; typical within particular region/countries.
- Manage large scale of cross- function/region marketing investment and programs.
- Recommend marketing investment to strategic programs to optimize revenue and margin.
- Lead development of predictive marketing mix model.
- High - Frequent senior management, partner and/or customer interface; frequent cross-functional/cross- organizational interaction on strategic and tactical issues.
Back to top