Market Research/Market Intelligence Analyst
- Vancouver, WA
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for multiple workstreams or projects.
- Manages the development of financial and statistical models, structures analytical approaches, and oversees the data-gathering process.
- Selects key information and conclusions to develop a comprehensive set of recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance.
- Manages cross-functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Manages the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Consults with business leaders on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process and related projects.
- Independently drafts and presents client deliverables, recommendations and communication strategies.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 5-8 years work experience. Often 2 years post' advanced degree experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or mergers and acquisitions. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to summarize abstract ideas clearly and independently manage project objectives.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation and interviewing skills.
- Excellent project management skills, Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Closing.
- Developed leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to project objectives.
- Technical skills
- Master Level knowledge of Excel, Macros development, Process development and automation, Data Visualization.
Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Access,
Solid statistical analysis, and financial modelling.
Desirable skills include:
PowerBi, SQL, Visio
Back to top