Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other manufacturing engineers and internal and outsourced development and manufacturing partners responsible for all stages of the product lifecycle from new product introduction through end of lifecycle, including solution design, capacity modeling, validation, tooling, manufacturing, and issue reporting and resolution.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners for product manufacturing and development.
- Reviews and evaluates product designs and project activities for compliance with manufacturing guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback based on results to improve product quality and mitigate risk of product failure.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall manufacturing engineering leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the manufacturing engineering organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technology or manufacturing-related engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with using engineering tools, automation, and software packages to design and automate manufacturing processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware and electrical component design.
- Evaluating forms of empirical analysis, modeling and methodologies to validate manufacturing process and tooling design and specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing architectures, plans,proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top