Manufacturing development and Procurement College Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Specialty Printing Systems (SPS) brings HP inkjet technology to new markets through partnerships with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Whether it be licensing our inkjet technology to our OEM partners, developing products on their behalf, or working together in a collaborative development partnership, SPS offers a breadth of technology and product offerings to the market.
SPS applies an entrepreneurial approach to quickly identify and pursue market opportunities for the application of TIJ technology. SPS currently provides TIJ solutions to a wide array of markets including Product Identification, Labels, Transactions, Postage, Mail Addressing, Life Sciences (Bio Printing), and new markets. We leverage, repurpose, and refine HP assets to enable our OEMs success. SPS team members have direct customer impact and business influence.
You will report into the Manufacturing Engineering Team within Speciality Printing Systems (SPS), which has manufacturing, procurement and new product introduction responsibilities with a focus on cost, quality, and assurance of supply.
As a member of the SPS Manufacturing Engineering team in SPS, the employee will have responsibilities that may cover supplier sourcing, selection, setup, and management.
Responsibilities may include:
- Design or specify portions of engineering solutions, including methods, operation sequences, and processes for the manufacturing of parts, component sub- assemblies, and final assemblies, based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
- Support on-going management of existing products to ensure assurance of supply, meet quality requirements and support cost roadmaps.
- Build or expand relationships with internal and outsourced partners on product design, manufacturing solution development, and component or product qualification and release.
- Participate in reviews and evaluations of designs for compliance with design and manufacturing guidelines and standards; provide tangible feedback to improve product quality, increase manufacturability, increase ease of assembly, and reduce cost.
- Optimize or develop manufacturing process flows
- Evaluate or establish measures and metrics for quality assurance and quality control
- Participate in innovation and integration of new processes and policies into projects and activities
- Support problem solving of technical or process issues both prior to and after product launches
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Pursuing a 4 year degree in industrial or mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Completion of 1st year.
Knowledge & Skills
- Manufacturing development, sourcing, procurement or supplier management interest.
- Manufacturing process efficiency optimization, statistical process control, quality control, and quality assurance studies and interests
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
Back to top