Manager - Retail Solutions Product Management
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Position Summary and Key Areas of Responsibility :
HP's Retail Solutions Business Unit is a leading provider of in-store solutions to empower associates and engage customers. These solutions include traditional POS systems, mobile POS systems, and Retail peripherals. We are looking to fuel our growth in this market segment by adding new talent and leadership to our Global Product Management team.
The Retail Solutions Portfolio Planning Manager is responsible for not only setting the strategic direction of the Retail Solutions portfolio, but in also leading a team of experienced product managers. This critical role is a key interface with the regional and field sales teams, gathering deep customer and industry insights, and translating those into specific product definition requirements. This individual partners closely with engineering, industrial design, customer insights, marketing, and other support functions to ensure we bring the right solutions to market.
- Attract, grow, motivate and maintain talent; build a skilled Product/Service/Solution (PSS) workforce and core center of expertise for HP.
- Improve efficiencies through process, tools and collaboration.
- Based on a strong knowledge of trends in the industry affects the strategy/direction of the product line/line of services or solutions.
- Regularly provide product/service/solution recommendations to management.
- Responsible for driving the long-term strategy of the product line /line of services/solutions.
- Lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products/services/solutions.
- Improve processes affecting their workgroup and those interfaced with
- Is perceived by the sales team to be an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical. Master Of Business Administration Preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 10 years in product marketing fundamentals.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership in product design or current product management.
- Demonstrated experience working with selling partners, R&D or customers.
- Proven experience leading, driving and measuring teams towards a common goal.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company, including senior management
Back to top