Manager - Personal Systems Category
The Personal Systems Category Manager (PSC) defines and manages the product offering, positioning, and pricing across the product life cycle of a given portfolio, guiding the direct/indirect sales teams on such product related dimensions. They are responsible to plan the business objective for a specific portfolio, and to achieve this plan through on going adjustments of the product related decisions. This person will also act as the lead expert in competition product knowledge in all dimensions (product knowledge, pricing, marketing, customer requirements). The PSC Manager communicates, briefs, supports direct and indirect sales force on product strategies as well as defines advertising, and demand generation priorities at strategic and tactical levels in partnership with the Marketing function.
- Manages a team that provides Market Analysis - Product Life Cycle management Pricing Advocacy - Forecasting & Reporting - Business Control Product Line development through Education, Communication, and Sales Support.
- Facilitates communication between marketing and country customer facing organizations.
- Manages Individual Contributors and/ or supervisors with accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management.
- Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility.
- Plans, directs and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members' work may involve strategic issues.
- Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Additional guidance/criteria:
- Directs and controls category management activities for a single country or sub-region within a larger geographical Region.
- Responsible for P&L management of consumer and commercial category portfolio.
- Responsible for understanding and developing strategic plans to enable achievement of financial and market share.
- Understand and develop plans to take advantage of competitive market dynamics.
- Assists in planning strategy.
- Manages internal sales support, selling and marketing processes in support of direct sales representatives and selling activities.
- Drives sales support and marketing programs for new business and greater account penetration.
- Maintains awareness of current economic and industry conditions.
- Manages overall contra bucket to maximize financial results
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in the management of marketing and sales support programs.
- Knowledgeable of overall business and across functions and disciplines. Broad business knowledge of product marketing, sales support and selling.
- Directly related work results; including success in achieving progressively higher marketing, sales and sales support goals.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Additional specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth.
- Viewed as expert in marketing and sales support by company.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top