Manager of EU Government Relations
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, and we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
HP Inc. is seeking to recruit a Government Relations professional to lead HP's engagement towards the EU Institutions, and the Italian Government. Reporting to the Head of Government Relations for Europe, Middle East and Africa, the EU Government Relations Manager (EU GRM) will help advice our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, and will be responsible for implementing the strategy and engage proactively with the EU Institutions, EU Member States and other relevant stakeholders on legislative/public policy issues impacting HP. The EU GRM will work closely with HP's Italian team on public sector deals.
The ideal applicant will be comfortable working closely with senior executives whilst also being able to confidently appear on stage giving presentations and talks on technology policy issues.
The role involves Europe-wide travel.
- Manage lobbying activities towards the EU Institutions, EU Member States and any other relevant stakeholder on legislative/public policy issues impacting HP;
- Become a strategic partner to advice the Business Units and Global Functions on policy trends, contributing to shape the internal strategy;
- Represent HP's values and positions in trade associations. Participate proactively;
- Translate technical messaging into compelling policy recommendations;
- Prepare policy briefings and material to HP Executives;
- Provide political advice and counsel to senior business leaders to inform business strategy and decision-making;
- In Italy, develop and implement political engagement strategies to help identify, win, maintain and grow HP public sector business
- A postgraduate degree level qualification in law, public policy, international affairs or similar;
- Minimum seven (7) years professional experience demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the EU decision making process;
- Experience leading the development and implementation of government relations strategies for an organization and/or company. Experience with analytical and creative approach to policy issues, as well as cross functional team player;
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively;
- Outstanding organizational abilities, in particular, the capacity to manage several different work streams at one time and the proactivity to drive work programs forward and co-ordinate the involvement of all the relevant stakeholders;
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and oral communications skills. Ability to adapt to change. Negotiation and leadership skills;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken) and in Italian. Any other language will be an advantage;
- Proven ability to implement policy engagement strategies to influence policy positions by developing and cultivating partnerships with government agencies.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
The role would be a steep learning curve, dealing with ambiguities and delving in to a diverse set of topics. However, this opportunity offers the successful candidate with a huge amount of personal development.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top