Manager, Consumer Device as a Service
Manager, Consumer Device-as-a-Service
The Consumer Services team delivers services that help our customers access, enjoy and protect their digital lives. We are a nimble team that works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where results are rewarded. This leader is responsible for the development and delivery of products, services and solutions that transform the way people acquire technology, from a transaction to subscription type of relationship.
You take the bull by the horns to drive results. You will develop and manage a worldwide team of 5-10 people, programs and budgets across multiple routes to market. You will devote yourself to knowing our customer and representing their pain points, needs and buying habits. You are a competitor at the core.
Attributes & Job Profile
- Operate with purpose. HP is a massive, Fortune 50 organization, but your contribution to further our growth is critical. Don't go through the motions- further progress in all that you do.
- Drive results. Execute and evaluate marketing strategies and tactics that drive quantifiable revenue, share gains and customer/partner engagement.
- Communicate persuasively. Make cases that are impossible to refute or ignore. Use data appropriately, while tapping into other biases, beliefs, and triggers to convince senior leadership to part with headcount, money or resources.
- Think strategically and execute tactically. Have the ability to work at a strategic level with senior leaders and the will and want to roll up your sleeves and work tactically with individuals across the organization to drive results.
- Crave ownership. You will be accountable for GTM plans, budget and sales enablement across channels- in the call centers, on-device, e-tail and retail - don't expect someone else to make the tough decisions.
- You will own defining the market opportunity, competitive landscape, target customer, value proposition, business model, service features and pricing. Know your program inside and out and see the link between the granular details and big picture.
- Inspire passion. Infuse your program team with excitement and enthusiasm for your programs and services.
- Be Visionary. Set the vision and create the tone for stakeholders across regions, customer support, marketing, finance and IT
- Attention to detail. Understand the right offer and value proposition to end customers and partners to ensure we quickly shift our business model to an as a service via the subscription product we have put together.
- Know our customer. Develop and define customer segmentation strategies and customer experience plans and execute them.
- Know our competition. Stay in-tune with our competitors and their solutions. Push internally to continually evolve and leap-frog the competition.
- Defines strategic direction and plans for service business, monitors business performance and implements corrections as well as cost reductions and incremental growth actions.
- Manages and monitors performance of product and service business metrics (e.g., attach, penetration, revenue, margin); delivers recovery or action plans for exception issues.
- Creating and foster a mutually beneficial relationship with Product Business Groups, Alliance partners, Services functional and support teams, and Regional Business Development Manager, Sales, Solution Partners Organization, and delivery functions Leads key initiatives on behalf of functional and senior management.
- Provides thought leadership and program management for initiatives that significantly change the business portfolio, selling motions, competitive advantages, and/or business models.
- Assigns responsibilities, provides direction, leadership, and coaching, removes barriers as needed to enable direct reports to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding.
- Achieves diversity and other HR goals. Achieve annual goals of install base growth of subscribers.
- Acts as mentor to individual contributors in other teams. Participate in initiatives to improve effective development and utilization of HP human capital (e.g. develop rotational programs, re-skilling programs, etc,) .
- Initiative. You are a doctor and not a patient. You crave solving tough problems without prescriptive advice on how to get things done.
- Proven Retail and On-line product management experience.
- You have experience developing new business and categories in retail.
- Grit. Inconvenient setbacks do not impact your cadence or your results.
- You have experience directing cross-functional, cross- organizational teams and in the development and execution of GTM plans and budgets.
- You have experience crafting and delivering executive presentations with ease and composure.
- You know how to structure ambiguous problems
- You are a seasoned marketing professional with a mastery of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools.
- You have 10+ years product management experience, including offering marketing, category management, partner marketing, market research and customer database/ analytics
- You possess a BA or BS in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top