Manager, Business Strategy
Come join HP, the founder of Silicon Valley. We are looking for highly talented people to join the Technology Vision, Strategy and Incubation team, part of the Company's CTO office.
The team works with HP's business groups and on behalf of the company's executive leadership team to drive technology vision through to corporate technology strategy. We help our businesses translate long-term mega-trends and disruptive technologies into actionable strategies for impact in current, emerging and new opportunity areas.
The team also leads new business strategy investigations and incubations of disruptive technology enabled new businesses for HP in white space opportunity areas. Our incubations lie at the intersection of computing devices/ software/ cloud services and span across some of the hottest emerging tech areas (e.g., 3D Printing, Wearables, Internet of Things, etc.).
As part of this team, you will leverage your prior experience in management consulting/ corporate strategy to influence the strategic direction for HP. You will evaluate new growth opportunities, drive strategy for potential businesses, and deliver data-driven, insightful recommendations to HP's management team. You will have the opportunity to work closely with senior leaders on high profile initiatives and key strategic issues.
- Lead and support priority initiatives by planning, managing, and executing all project activities
- Analyze industry landscape trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities in key emerging and new disruptive technology areas
- Build and test hypotheses using analytical rigor, primary/ secondary research, and real world experiments
- Deliver data-driven insights to support actionable strategy and stakeholder communication
- Collaborate with and influence senior executives to build consensus and secure commitment for priority initiatives
- Work and lead across business units, in a cross-functional team environment
- MBA or demonstrable equivalent
- 2-3 years strategy consulting experience at a leading management consulting firm or a corporate strategy function within a Fortune 500 company
- Self-starter with ability to handle ambiguous and unstructured situations
- Team player with ability to deliver results in a cross-functional team setting
- Strong executive-level presentation and communication skills (storyboarding, development and delivery)
- Superior analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to succinctly interpret data for executives
- Solid project management skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top