Manager Business Development
Work locations available:
Boise, ID (preferred)
San Diego, CA
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of individual contributors. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manage larger team(s), managers (Manager Is) of teams, area(s), or customer(s) with broad scope or impact, including setting organizational direction/work prioritization, people development, cost management, and alignment with larger business goals.
- Coach and mentor employee & mgmt direct reports. May coach and mentor non-direct reports as needed. Manage FPR process for HP employees. Manage team and individual performance.
- Creates strategic business plan for organization within guidelines of documented Business Unit/Corporate objectives; ensure proposed projects receive appropriate support.
- Establish individual as well as team goals and objectives focused on Revenue Growth. Monitor & report on key metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Advise management and peers on broad organizational, technical, and strategic matters of importance.
- Create linkages with other organizations including but not limited to Marketing; Sales; Pursuit teams; Service Delivery teams etc.
- Develops excellent client relationships and interest over the span of lengthy large deal cycles and continually builds & reinforces client's perception of HP as a credible partner through active persuasion and education.
- Develops and champions the business justification for HP services to ensure a successful engagement based on critical case review.
- Assigns responsibilities, provides direction, leadership, and coaching, removes barriers as needed to enable direct reports to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding. Achieves diversity and other HR goals.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 10-12+ years in the Services Industry and 3+ years in developing new business opportunities with clients, preferably with the CxO level.
- Established management background of high level individual contributors & people managers (leading teams).
- Advanced University degree preferable.
- Experience building predictive model around business processes
- Industrial background and B2B segment experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- IT element- project management skills
- Analytical skills - understanding of the business. Being able to bring insights by looking at the data
- Excellent market knowledge. Need broad knowledge competitive market dynamics, business models, business strategies and processes.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of corporate organization and policies, and cross functional roles and objectives.
- Strong skills in management of people and business relationships, knowledge in organizational design and planning, problem solving, managing individual and team productivity and dynamics, and excellent communication, and negotiation and influencing skills in cross-functional teams.
- Must have a solid understanding of business management principles, financial expertise and strategic planning methods.
- Recognized as authority in their area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and drive change across functions. Very strong leadership, people and business management skills.
- More frequent collaborative influence cross-functionally and on executive level.
- Strong Sales & pursuit expertise around the qualification and development of new large/complex opportunities, business case development, & consultative selling.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top