Managed Print Services Transition Manager
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Establishing and ensuring that appropriate TTM processes are used/followed (such as reporting, risk management, lessons learned, quality, escalating, communications etc.) as listed in the SOW.
- Managing the Transition program for all HP functions (MS, HR, Procurement etc) and co-ordinates all the PMO internal and external project activities.
- Leading the overall Transition/Transformation team during Pursuit and/or Transition/Transformation phases of the deal.
- Manage/support Transition Managers in execution of Transition (project) activities.
- Selecting and assigning Project Managers to head each aspect of Transition/Transformation including: Technical Towers, HR, Finance and administration, Assets, 3rd party contracts, Governance, etc.
- Assisting in acquiring staff and material resources for the Transition/Transformation programs and associated projects.
- Ensuring that all Transition/Transformation Project Plans are consistent, congruent, and integrate with the overall Deal Project Plan and customer Transition/Transformation plans. Lead and manage the execution of the Project Plans.
- Financial management for Transition/Transformation activities, including setting budgets, approving forecasts. NOTE - budgets are set by the OSC and OC - TM collects cost data from Tower Leads.
- Supporting the Project Managers of Transition/Transformation projects in developing each project's scope of work, estimates, schedule and risk.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3-5 years managing IT/Transition implementation projects.
- 5+ years Project Management experience.
- 5-7 years industry experience.
- 3 year experience with printing solutions
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required within 3 to 6 months of hire.
- Must have an Undergraduate Degree (Preferred fields include Business, Computer Science, IT/ IS, or Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent combination education or experience)).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of ITIL or ITSM.
- Project management skills.
- Risk Management skills.
- Skilled at Transition Rollout.
- Advanced Knowledge of TTM.
- Manage Major Projects and Programs.
- Apply effective project management methods.
- Analyze and resolve problems.
- Focus on customers.
- Design and deliver presentations.
- Influence management in defining customer needs.
- Negotiate effectively.
- Manage Transition/ Transformation project financials.
- Manage variable workforce.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top