Managed Print Services Senior Sales Consultant
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Responsible for creating and driving their sales pipeline. Capture leads outside of specialization and use closed-loop lead management to ensure assignment and follow- up by others.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's products and services better.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
- Provide support to Account managers and provide input regarding business development and solution expertise.
- Development of quota objectives and future direction for defined product category.
- Some specialists also responsible for selling outsourcing deals.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- May invest time working with and leveraging external partners to deliver sale.
- For Services Consultants: Focus on growing contractual renewals for mid-to-large accounts with more complexity, to higher- total contract-value renewals.
- Directs or coordinates supporting sales activities.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degreeDirectly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
- Typically 8-12 years of advanced sales experience.
- Project management skills required.
- 2-3 years of product sales in the desired specialty.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how HP's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilitie.
- Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
- Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
- Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and position HP as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs
- Excellent project management skills.
- Establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level, with the client.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates high service or product knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings.
- Understands how to leverage HP's portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
- Utilizes Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Understands and sells high value software solutions.
- Understands selling of services sales.
- Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
- Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top