Long Life Consumable (LLC) Program Manager
Long Life Consumables (LLCs) are components of printers that are designed to be replaced within the life of the printer (i.e. fusers, transfer belts). LLCs are a small but profitable portion of the print business and increasingly important as the commercial market shifts to managed print and click charges. Just like supplies, it is a mature industry faced by increasing competitive pressure from refurb and clone providers in addition to traditional competitors. As a result, HP needs to increase our focus on specific threats and opportunities and the focus of this position will be to develop and manage programs targeted against these to drive growth in profitability, revenue, and share.
This position reports into the Replacement Parts and Consumables (RPC) business under the umbrella of the toner supplies organization and ultimately the OPS organization within Print. RPC has overall P&L responsibility and manages the end to end business of parts and consumables across HP including print and PC. We have a current business management team with WW scope and three region teams that manage the region profitability and channel partners. This position will report into the current business management team and have the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate the LLC business for strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, and threats
- Dive into existing business analysis and KPIs as part of identifying opportunities and understanding the business:
- Top SKU and strategic parts - reports, analysis, trending, profitability
- Analysis of potential future top selling products
- Installed base analysis and trending
- Data for quarterly internal and partner communications
- Key metrics and dashboards – backlog reporting, service levels, etc.
- Ad hoc analysis and creation of tools/data bases for ad hoc analysis
- Become an expert in marketplace and competitive dynamics
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with regional teams and channel partners as a means of market and competitive insights and research
- Develop and maintains strong GBU partnerships as a necessary requirement for overall alignment and program acceptance and approval
- Identify and evaluate existing and planned programs across the HW and supplies portfolio for applicability to LLCs
- Build an overall program portfolio strategy to maximize business results
- Develop and present communications plans to stakeholders, management, executives, region teams, and channel partners in support of program alignment, communication, and management requirements
- Define, develop, launch, manage, and grow individual programs against the portfolio strategy and specific business objectives.
- Define and develop program specific measurement and analytics required to determine the effectiveness and optimization opportunities over time
- Partner closely with the LLC Current Business Category manager on opportunities, plans, and execution
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration or similar
- Typically 7+ years to demonstrate mastery of Product or Program Management.
- Advanced experience in several of the related disciplines of delivery, solution architecting or business planning.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High knowledge of IT and services industry.
- In-depth and broad knowledge of company organization, functions, culture, HP printing and services portfolio, routes to markets, and end to end processes.
- Unique mastery and recognized authority in area of responsibility. Need solid technical, and state-of- the-art functional, or business knowledge.
- Highly developed problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire teams, develop relationships across organizations and accomplish goals under pressure situations. Strong skills in exercising independent judgment.
- Ability to correctly design reports and interpret their output.
- Highly developed project/ program management and change management skills. Solid understanding of business planning methods and business acumen.
- Excellent presentation skills. Highly developed negotiation/ influencing skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top