Lifestyle Photo Software China Strategy intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
As a Software Strategy Intern, you will work with HP Sprocket team within Home Consumer Printing. We are looking to develop key experiences and enablements for the Chinese market for HP Sprocket.
You have experience with the Chinese consumer market to help us define strategy and develop proof of concept code on enablements. You will be working closely with both the experience, business, and local China team to get experiences that amaze.
• Creative. You exist outside the box; your thinking and creativity are as varied as your approach to solving problems.
• Tools. You have experience developing software in programming languages and knowledge integrating APIs / SDKs.
• Crave Ownership. You take accountability and do not expect someone else to make the tough decisions for you. You take responsibility when things don't go as planned, but never fail to share your successes.
• Grit. Inconvenient setbacks do not impact your cadence or your results.
• Curious. You are a continuous learner who looks for way to improve strategy from multiple angles -
• Attention to Detail. You are committed to documentation, including flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Talk Tech. Possess a deep curiosity for technology and experiences. Stay abreast of technology trends.
• Define Chinese Photo ecosystem and customer workflow
• Proposal of experiences local to China
• Analysis major app ecosystems - Tencent (WeChat / QQ), Baidu, Weibo, Alibaba
• Proof of concept code on integrations / experiences
Education and Experience Required:
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent (e.g. Computer Science or Computer Engineering), having completed at least two years in the degree program with an emphasis in software development, processes, and methods.
• Pursuing a Master's business degree is a plus.
• Experience within China and with the China app eco-system.
• Leadership skills required to succeed in a fast moving, matrix environment (including R&D, marketing, finance, business planning)
• Project management fundamentals, effective communication, collaboration and presentation skills
• Strong ability to manage and influence others (both within and outside your own direct work-group)
• Proven ability to think and act strategically
• Confidence & Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines
• Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
• Solid English oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with mobile app development
• Interest in software development process and software lifecycle
• Interest in computer hardware and software interaction dependencies
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top