POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN CORVALLIS, OREGON
The Application Scientist for SPS's Life Science Dispensing Team (LSDS) will work as an integral team member within the product and business development team. You will be a key mem ber of the team, responsible for working in the lab and with customers, marketing, and R&D engineers to develop new products, expand current product application space, and grow the business .
This position offers the opportunity to leverage your in-depth knowledge in biology and multi-omics to guide the business strategy around microfluidics technology applications for pharmaceutical research, life science research, and genomics and to contribute to a new and growing business inside HP's SPS organization.
HP's Specialty Printing & Technology Solutions business unit is chartered to leverage HP's microfluidics technology into a wide array of markets including industrial, SMB and consumer printing, Life Sciences and Healthcare markets. We are an end-to-end business within HP with manufacturing, operations, engineering, marketing and sales. We leverage HP's IP, innovation and capabilities to address needs in vertical markets where HP's technology, performance, and reliability can bring value. The SPS Life Science Business team is chartered to extend these assets with high-ROI solutions that fit the needs of new markets.
Tremendous opportunities exist to leverage HP microfluidics technologies and apply them to high value applications in the Life Science and Diagnostics industries . The SPS Life Science Dispense business is a profitable business that develops and sells dispensing products that leverage HP's world-class inkjet microfluidics technology and partner with channel partners to reach end-customers in labs around the world.
The Application Scientist for SPS's LSDS business will work as an integral team member within the product and business development team. This scientist will work with a team of biologists, chemists and engineers to develop the next generation of HP life science products leveraging proprietary HP microfluidics technologies, to grow the business in the short and long term. This position will provide significant opportunity for both internal lab and product testing work as well as externally focused work with partners and end-user customers. This scientist will be required to leverage their knowledge and expertise in areas such as microbiology, single cell research, cell transcription, gene expression/genotyping, proteomics and/or molecular biology to establish new HP laboratory workflows and testing procedures to assess the suitability of HP technology innovations in addressing customer pain points. Prototypes developed internally might then be deployed to customers for further validation, and this scientist would help to translate customer workflow needs into HP product requirements.
- Develop workflow solutions based on HP technology that address customer pain points in molecular biology workflows
- Influence future product developments by providing insights to our R&D team into customer requirements, research needs, workflows, use cases, competitive landscapes, and market trends
- Deliver customer-focused innovation targeting LSDS growth markets, including direct work with partners and end-user customers to validate new applications
- Carry out and direct laboratory work independently and with the support of other technical staff
- Test prototypes in the HP labs, contribute to design/build/test cycles with R&D team
- Partner with marketing, sales, and R&D to define next generation of LSDS products
- Masters degree in biology, biochemistry, systems biology, molecular biology or related field with 3+ years of related work experience
- 5+ years of life science laboratory experience (e.g. cell biology, cell culture, antibody-based testing, -omics workflows)
- In-depth knowledge related to molecular biology workflows with emphasis on experience with SC RNA-seq, NGS, WGS, ddPCR, proteomics (crystallography, mass spec) and/or transfection
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement solutions
- Track record of partnership across organizational boundaries
- Team player
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate both to senior management and technical leads, especially communicating scientific topics to non-scientists
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, or as may be required to drive customer and partner collaboration
- Innovation driver
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, systems biology, molecular biology or related field
- Proven cross-functional leadership experience
- Experience directing a team of scientists
- Customer-facing experience
- Demonstrated business acumen
#Li - Post
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!