Lead User Experience Designer, Print Design
- San Diego, CA
At HP, user experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful product experiences that people love to use and welcome into their home or business. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create.
As a Senior User Experience Designer for the Global Experience Design team, you will collaborate closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight HP products' unique capabilities and personalities. As the experience design lead, you will drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current experiences.
You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for solving complex problems and the ability to clearly articulate your solutions that meet the target user needs.
- Strategize, brainstorm, and define key features for one or more HP products or apps.
- Translate requirements, abstract ideas, research findings, analytics data into tangible and validated design deliverables.
- Leads multiple project teams of other designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of user experience design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including experience/information architecture, validation, and specifications.
- Organize and conduct user experience research at various stages within feature or product development; Communicate research findings to design and product development stakeholders.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on user experience design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with user experience design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall user experience design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the user experience design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to junior staff members.
Education and Experience Required
- Master's degree with 10+ years of experience in Human Factors, Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- OR PhD and 5+ years of experience in Human Factors, Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Must have end-to-end product design/delivery experience, from ideation to concept creation to implementation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products and services designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for user experience testing and acceptance.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall user experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate user experience data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Strong skills in creative design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure).
Back to top