Lead Interaction - User Interface Design Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Leads overall design direction of user interface strategy and components for HP 3D Workgroup print products and services. Responsible for researching, creating and developing concepts and specifications that optimize the structure and behavior of user interface touchpoints for the mutual benefit of HP 3D print business, customers, users and partners. Work includes definition of overall 3D print software workflow, design for multi-platform SW application user interfaces, design for on-product user interfaces, and design for on-product interaction touchpoints.
Work within this job family falls into three major categories: (1) enhancements- changes to original design and extensions to existing programs. (2) new interaction and interface designs (3) strategic interaction and interface design - at the ecosystem level including architecture definition, new or improved Ix design language, user interface style guides, design archetypes, reusable design assets, etc.
Establishes and maintains user interface design direction and strategy in partnership with HP's 3D Print design business and design teams.
Researches, defines, designs, prototypes, validates and documents end-to-end user interface architecture and components for HP's 3D Print products and services, in collaboration with internal and external partners.
Leads multiple project teams of designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of interactive and interface design and development, including design architecture, validation, and specifications.
Establishes and manages UI design projects including schedule, resources, deliverables and reviews in partnership with design and the 3D print development programs.
Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners, including design, engineering, marketing and customer support, on customer-centered interactive and interface design and development.
Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with interactive and interface design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve ease of use, product quality and interactive and interface design.
Provides domain-specific expertise and overall interactive and interface design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
Drives customer-centered innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the design organization.
Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Qualifications - Internal
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to user interface strategies and designs for information technology and consumer products and services designs
- Proven ability to design, prototype, test and execute world-class user interface designs across a range of platforms and devices, including mobile applications.
- Proven ability to collaborate across design disciplines to define and create holistic, end-to-end customer experience designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for interactive and interface design testing and acceptance
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall interactive and interface design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Excellent skills in creative design tools (Creative Suite, CSS, HTML5)
- Excellent skills in UI prototyping tools, including Axure.
- Strongly desired: direct experience in 3D CAD software development or utilization.
- Strongly desired: direct experience in 3D printing applications as a designer or user.
Back to top