Latin America Solutions Director
The Leader chosen for this key role will lead HP's Latin America Solutions business, encompassing both print and personal systems services. There sill e a heavy focus on contractual offerings including Managed Print Services (MPS) and HP Device as a Service (Daas), but also includes packaged offers such as HP Care Packs.
- Manages multiple functions including sales, category management, and professional services delivery and is the overall and fully accountable P&L manager for print/personal systems services in Latin America.
- Targets exceed $100M annually. Responsibility includes both direct and indirect (channel) routes to market. Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with other major organizational functions including LATAM country go-to-market structure and overall sub region organization.
- Owns strategy and sets policy and direction for Latin America Solutions. Assumes full responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans in coordination with peers.
- Sits on HPI Latin America Managing Director staff and reports directly to Americas Solutions General Manager.
- Contributes to the overall strategic definition of AMS Solutions with strong business acumen.
- Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the overall strategic direction of the business in Latin America, but actively contributes to strategic approach to Americas as well.
- Position is based in Houston, Texas.
- Approximately 50% travel.
Leads a large or broad function/department within a multifaceted organization. Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with other major organizational functions. Responsible for one or more recognized professional disciplines. Fully accountable for the success of the designated function or department. Influences strategy and sets policy and direction. Owns a significant number of measurable functional, operational and strategic goals or priorities. Assumes responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans in a defined area of responsibility. Contributes to the overall strategic definition of a function with strong business acumen. Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business.
- Accountable for business growth, increase HP market share and revenue
- Coordinates all HP sales activities in the area-of-control.
- Sets quota and goals for organizations.
- Develops tactics to generate new sales.
- Provides input to team on overall sales strategy, cost optimization, and disciplined process management (pipeline review, asset management, demo sales achievement, etc.).
- Ensures optimum sales coverage through direct and partner sales resources and different routes to markets.
- Develops sales resources and management talent to ensure a pipeline of qualified sales talent to support future growth. Implementation of master pipeline management.
- Builds lasting, consultative relationships with customer accounts.
- Proactive change management.
- Coach and support sales teams and leadership in developing key and/or difficult account opportunities
- Builds long-term growth opportunities using the Account Business Planning process.
- Develops the consultative, solution selling capability in their organization to develop compelling business cases to differentiate and highlight the value of HP's broad portfolio.
- Ensures resource deployment encompasses end-to-end selling support (solution partners, SA, ISR, resellers, etc)
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the vertical segment and provides external leadership to industry, community, press.
- Engages Global Business Unit Sales Teams (Specialists, Channel Partners, and Alliance Partners) to fully leverage all of HP's products and technology offerings
- Creates and manages resource plan including staffing of country sales team to ensure pursuit and closure of opportunities, and perpetuation the existing installed base revenue.
- Balances short term with long term planning and resource investment
- Demonstrates thought leadership by directing the customer's application of technology to new business problems.
- Creates a performance driven culture that ensures HP has the best IT sales force in the industry.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree, advanced university or Master's degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of sales and progressive management experience.
- 10-15 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated results in growing a business or expanding a market.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strategic Sales Planning & Implementation - Provides input to the development of strategic sales plans that reflect HP's business strategy to advance market share/penetration and achieve profitable growth.
- Budget Management & Cost Optimization - Manages within set spending parameters to protect HP's business and sales assets, and ensures their effective engagement.
- P&L Management - Sets and manages the business investments and resource allocations essential to ensuring the financial growth of business group. Should focus on balance sheet. Optimized operation to improve balance sheet position.
- Vertical Industry Acumen - Develops and exercises a profound understanding of business dynamics within area of control, as a basis for informed business decision making.
- Workforce Planning - Executes acquisition and development strategies targeted to ensuring workforce readiness, and market opportunity responsiveness.
- Execution Management - Collaborates effectively with HP BUs and value chain partners to ensure operational responsiveness to challenges, and alignment with business imperatives. Acts decisively once decision is taken.
- C-Level Partnering - Contributes to enduring executive relationships that establish HP' consultative professionalism and promotes its total solution capabilities at the highest levels of the client's organization. Escalation point for customer issues.
- Competitive Positioning/Strategy - Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
- Solution Selling - Approaches selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that HP products and services accurately address the client's true business need in terms of type, scope, level.
- Business and Financial Acumen - Exhibits authoritative business and financial acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations; Understands the portfolio aspect of HP's products/services and how the businesses work together. Understand balance sheet drivers of channel partners and balance with HP requirements.
- Change Management - Acts as an advocate for innovation and change across the organization.
- Problem Solving - Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Global Presence - Represents HP on global accounts with the cultural sensitivity and business maturity appropriate to the high degree of corporate access and level of responsibility involved.
- Leadership - Able to lead effectively in a complex and political environment, and deliver results; Able to influence without direct authority; Able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative; Able to drive team performance to best in class; Able to create and build highly effective sales teams and organization; Able to communicate effectively across multiple levels in client organizations, HP and the industry.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top