Korea Total Rewards Lead
Reporting to the Director, Regional Total Rewards, this position will provide strategic and day-to-day expertise and delivery in both the compensation and benefits space. Programs include statutory and competitive compensation, health, wellness and retirement benefit programs. As part of the overall responsibilities, this role will focus on these programs across strategy, competitive analysis, design, administration, governance and stakeholder engagement. It requires extensive knowledge of Korea Total Rewards market trends, regulations and tax laws, as well as daily interaction with employees, HR professionals, vendors and industry peers. Experience with and understanding of a large complex organization is also critical.
As the Total Rewards leader in Korea, your responsibilities will include:
- Initial focus will be on a large acquisition, which will include integration and complex infrastructure build out.
- Work in close partnership with multiple stakeholders to implement best in class Total Rewards (TR) programs, with a focus on benefits.
- Design, communicate, and implement TR activities in Korea that fit within our overall global strategy.
- Ensure TR program proposals balance affordability, return on investment and competitiveness, and are aligned with business objectives, and meet all legal requirements. Investigate trends, best practices and costs and partner with internal team members and external experts to bring recommendations to leadership.
- Partner successfully with a wide variety of individuals across the company (legal, finance, payroll, HR, etc.), as well as external vendor partners in the delivery and support of TR programs
- Support annual TR events, including annual benefits enrollment, global wellness, and Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations.
- Oversee delivery of all benefits programs in Korea, including retirement, health and insurance, wellness, time off and any other perquisite programs.
- Support the benchmarking of benefits and salary structures to ensure there is a comprehensive understanding of the competitive position of all TR programs in Korea.
- Evaluate and analyzes current TR programs to ensure that all plans remain market competitive and cost effective. Investigate trends, best practices and costs and present recommendations to management team regarding plan modifications.
- Lead engagement with regional leader to ensure alignment to broader corporate and TR strategies.
- Manage program implementations and plan design changes with vendors, key stakeholders, and proactively evaluate impact on plan participants and administrative delivery.
- Manage relationships and deliverables with external vendors, including vendor selection (RFP), implementation, vendor performance tracking, clinical effectiveness, internal controls and active management and reporting out of service delivery metrics. Ensure assigned vendors are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage financial tracking and compliance for assigned programs.
- Manage ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Lead and manage due diligence and transition activities (across TR) related to mergers, acquisition and divestitures.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 6-10 years progressive experience in total rewards with a focus on benefits
- A university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred
Core Knowledge and Skills Necessary:
- Ability to drive client service-orient solutions that balance strategic thinking with tactical action
- Work with little direct supervision
- Operate in a matrixed environment and deal with ambiguity
- Work in a team environment and be a strong collaborator
- Customer service orientation, organization, and time management skills. Must respond with a sense of urgency
- See beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Complete systematic understanding of total rewards systems, as well as other HR functions.
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment as it relates to employee compensation and benefits, including emerging legislation.
- Superior communication, leadership, consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional financial and business acumen.
- Excellent project management, problem solving, and analytical skills, and the ability to execute a project within the scope of overall strategies.
- Must be able to work with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Manage multiple programs and projects concurrently.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top