Junior Security Advisor
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That's how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
Printing Security Solutions Specialist will be part of a worldwide team in the PPS managed services organization delivering security consultation to Enterprise clients and support HP PPS account teams in key opportunities. The consultant will act as the security subject matter expert providing security business development, client briefings, security workshops, and/or consulting engagements that assess a client's security posture around their printing environment. This position requires demonstrating thought leadership, sales leadership and delivery leadership. The consultants will identify possible security gaps in the current environment and recommend best practices or solutions to reduce client risk around compliance, industry regulations and increase their ability to deal with emerging threats and risks to the organizations printing environment. Such client security capabilities may involve security policy creation, business process improvements, and solution and technology recommendations.
The Worldwide Print Security consulting team provides education and thought leadership to our customers in the area of print security. We also offer consulting services delivered by this team for Security Advisory services helping our customer build out strong policies and risk plans for their print environment.
We are looking for a Security Solutions Expert to support our (region) team, who speaks fluent (language) and English.
This position will require up to 70-80% travel.
- Provide executive presentations to CIO's CISO and Directors of IT demonstrating industry security knowledge
- Conducts security assessments and delivers results in both presentation and written delivery
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's business requirements
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future
- Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region
- Represents HP as technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via mentoring and contributing participation in peer education programs
- Understands the roles and affectively engages other teams and resources within HP and partners
- Contributions have major impact across an HP Region and some BU's, and solid impact on Regional HP business
- Analyzes and contributes to the presales direction for the Region or some areas of a BU
- Breadth of influence goes across multiple organizations within the Business and is sought, valued and used
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree
- Typically 2 - 3 years' experience in technical security consultative selling and account management
- 2 -3 years' of experience in Business Development and or Pre-Sales
- Experience in presenting to CxO's
- Technical and/or solution experience in appropriate industry
- Experience in vertical industry preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as C-level executives
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies and knowledgeable in competitive solutions.
- Links solutions with data business center needs to create customer business value
- Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems
- Has a high level understanding of the product roadmaps for multiple BU's, and deep knowledge in area of specialization
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with some of the technology
- Creates solutions that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements
- Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
- Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management
- Leverages strong understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive advantage for HP
- At least one of the following Security certificates required CompTia Security+, CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CEH, ISO/IEC 27001 LA, BSc.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top