Java Cloud Developer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP Inc Software Cloud R&D Group is looking for a seasoned Java Developer for its Device as a Service Product.
In HP DaaS, we are collecting data from millions of devices, processing it and generating a ton of insights.
The role is around development and prototyping various additions to our set of micro-services.
The product is an exciting new SaaS product connected to millions of devices from HP and other vendors.
HP uses cutting edge public cloud services from AWS and our web stack is based on Java Spring.
The ideal candidate will have strong full-stack experience developing rich Java enterprise applications -preferably in Java Spring.
- Develop Java based micro-services
- Design and Prototype new integrations with 3rd party clouds
- Design and Implement RESTful API interfaces for HP
- Do test driven development
- Test and Bring to Production large pieces of code.
- Able to interact with Product Managers to breakdown & crystalize requirements
- Able to debug/solve production issues to keep our SLA going.
- Document design clearly to reduce tribal knowledge.
- 4-10 years of relevant industry experience plus BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (Masters Degree preferred)
- Strong knowledge of software operationalization, performance tuning, threading, modularization, application code profiling tools and algorithmic analysis
- Proven experience in diagnostic, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Expertise building SaaS offerings on public Cloud Platforms (e.g.: Azure, AWS) using platform services
- Expertise architecting and developing highly reliable, fault-tolerant distributed applications with focus on performance and scale
- Subscribe to fast-paced Agile principles with technical designs, code reviews, test driven development, and other methodologies
- Expert programming skills developing back-end cloud applications in Java
- Expert at building microservices exposing REST APIs using frameworks
- Expertise working with RDBMS and NoSQL data stores on-premise and in the Cloud (e.g.: SQL Server/Azure, PostgreSQL/Azure, MongoDB, Cassandra, Cosmos DB/Azure, DynamoDB/AWS, Redshift/AWS, Teradata, Oracle)
- Expertise applying best practices in the areas of Configuration Management, Automation, Continuous Integration & Deployment, and Monitoring using frameworks like Kubernetes, Jenkins and platform services in the Cloud
- Experience with performance analysis and debugging platform services
- Experience with Web technologies (e.g.: HTML 5, CSS, jQuery, Angular, Websockets) a plus
- Experience working with data processing frameworks (e.g.: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) is a plus
- Knowledge of Spring and the Spring ecosystem (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring Security) is a plus.
- Understanding of Java, core J2EE components, JVM statistics, and JVM tuning
Back to top