Japan Personal System Marketing Director
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Management level definitions
Leads a large or broad function/department within a multifaceted organization. Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with other major organizational functions. Responsible for one or more recognized professional disciplines. Fully accountable for the success of the designated function or department. Influences strategy and sets policy and direction. Owns a significant number of measurable functional, operational and strategic goals or priorities. Assumes responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans in a defined area of responsibility. Contributes to the overall strategic definition of a function with strong business acumen. Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business. Typically reports to EXEC3.
- Owns all go-to-market (GTM) marketing activities for defined industry/customer segment and grows profitable revenue for the business.
- Accountable for leading an organization of managers and individual contributors by setting overall initiatives, allocating financial and human capital for programs and projects, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of marketing programs.
- Transforms industry/customer insights into GTM marketing strategies and plans. Identifies industry/customer market opportunities, determines product, service or solution offerings, leads cross-channel marketing programs, and monitors results.
- Leads the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, procedures, and policies; identifies consequences of decisions on a regional or global level and recommends appropriate solutions and areas for improvement.
- Builds industry/customer segment relationships to maximize the organization's business interests.
- Consults with business leaders at the EXEC2 and EXEC3 level to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., mitigating risk, approving significant programs/deals).
- Effectively collaborates with HP partners and agencies to create additional market opportunities and maximize program effectiveness.
- Ensures that the marketing strategies and initiatives within area of accountability are integrated with corporate and business strategies.
- May be responsible for significant dotted-line employee reporting relationships.
The sections below help differentiate between levels to enable consistency.
- Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree with a focus in Marketing or related field; MBA strongly preferred.
- Typically 15+ years of experience in a Marketing function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business.
- Typically 5-6+ years of key leadership of a marketing organization - end to end from strategic insight to execution for marketing program.
- Similar industry will be a plus, but not necessary - please look at other categories with consumer marketing background - eg consumer goods, premium lifestyle brands, telecommunications industry.
- International experience will be a plus +, beyond Japan.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior ability to provide marketing strategy consultation to senior managers within area of expertise. Skill sets on using insights to drive marketing end to end marketing program and execution.
- Has led and create local work, and manage multiple agencies. Understands and utilize rigour to drive business performance. Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams.
- Ability to build partnerships across functions.
- Excellent communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong leadership and staff development skills. Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Manages a function that supports business unit performance and implementation of the global /regional functional/ marketing strategy.
- Typically partners with managers, EXEC2s, and EXEC3s.
- Typically manages senior individual contributors and managers.
- Works across multiple units business- or function-wide to deliver marketing solutions.
Back to top