Japan Personal System Consumer Marketing Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Hire/manage/develop senior ICs.
- Direct/supervise the development and alignment of multiple marketing strategies, value proposition and tactics to drive awareness, consideration and purchase intent for HP products/services/solutions offerings across regions.
- Direct/supervise the design and execution of an integrated current and future solutions offerings based on internal products/services/solutions and external partner offerings.
- Direct/supervise the development/deployment of program goals/benchmarks and measurement of results using appropriate marketing metrics.
- Direct/supervise the identification of key ecosystem and drive technical and business alignment by leveraging our partner ecosystem.
- Direct/supervise the creation and execution of marketing message and positioning for specific industry and customer segments.
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years marketing experience and/or solution development.
- Experienced in managing virtual teams.
- Prior experience in managing direct reports.
- Industry, sales, channel and/or program management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build, manage and influence direct reports and virtual teams.
- Mastery knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools.
- In-depth understanding of cross-geographic competitive environment.
- In-depth knowledge industry, segment, commercial and consumer large accounts.
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with executive management and functional disciplines..
- Excellent influencing, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top