IT Support Engineer – Part time (Internship)
Our role in HP is to provide 24x7 L1 and L2 IT support for HP labs developing new products, HP factories and our manufacturing partners. We support more than 800 servers world-wide at 50 factory sites and 100 HP solution teams. We focus on technical issues which occur during manufacturing process on factory floor or in lab environment.
Besides reactive support we monitor our systems proactively, to make sure production critical images are on factory servers on time. We also take care of MS Windows and Office product key orders, their transfer and activation, from the tools and infrastructure point of view.
We are small world-wide team with presence in Mexico, USA, Taiwan and the Czech Republic. Thanks to time zone difference, team in each location can work during their regular working hours to gain 24x7 coverage.
Your role will be:
- Acknowledge requests from our customers i.e. World-Wide HP factories, partners and R&D labs
- Solve the issue or escalate to the appropriate owner within specified SLA's.
- Manage the issue; follow up as necessary until closure.
- Monitor HP network, including file servers and SQL servers as well as infrastructure dedicated to Microsoft license key order and delivery; attempt to identify and resolve issues proactively based on alerts and monitoring.
- Install new releases of HP Software tools within HP network.
- Maintain all applications and platforms per HP security rules.
Join us if you have/are:
- Basic knowledge of administration and support of the following:
- MS Windows Server
- MS SQL Server
- Network knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Experience or knowledge of Support, shift practices and processes is a plus.
- Overall understanding of PC manufacturing and assembly processes is a plus.
- Experience with any programing language is a plus
- Basic experience in a software or server support is a plus.
- Current student of at least 2nd year of bachelor University studies.
Your additional benefits package:
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Meal vouchers
- Contribution for mass transit coupon
- Life insurance
- Bonuses for increased work effort after returning from sickness leave
- Program for purchase of company products
- "BENEFLEX" flexible benefits
HP is a leading global provider of IT products, technologies, solutions and services to consumers and businesses. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies such as 3D printing, immersive computing, hyper mobility, Internet of all things and smart machines.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top