IT Project Manager IV
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
This position is in the Product and Services Operations organization, which creates competitive advantage for the businesses by reengineering and integrating end-to-end order management and supply chain systems implementing industry best IT solutions. As a member of this global IT team, you will work in a highly dynamic, fast changing and fluid work environment, working across multiple time zones. You will contribute technical and business knowledge expertise to design, develop, and implement integrated IT / business solutions focused primarily around the SAP suite of applications. Effectively work across organizations to drive appropriate business / IT solutions; view alternatives from an end-to-end order management & supply chain perspective and understand the broader implications of technical and business related choices. Work in a self-directed environment where strong teamwork, individual initiatives and accountability are highly valued. This is a position of influence, negotiation and expectation management. Candidate needs strong project management.
As a Project Manager,
- End to End project management from initiation to closure Leading team through all phases like requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and warranty support.
- Responsible for project communications
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables
- Maintains complete autonomy for the management of the project to meet the needs of the business, as outlined in the business case and articulated by the steering committee
- Coaches and mentors project team members
- Maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources Responsible for project planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management
- Responsible for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size generally greater than 20 people from multiple countries.
- Mentors and encourages skill development of project team members.
- Provides detailed performance review input and development recommendations for team members .
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Business Management or related field is a minimum or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience
- Experience with SAP
- PMP and/or ACPM certification is preferred
- Experience with AGIL methodologies
- Experience with waterfall and phased approach to drive projects
- Knowledge in PM tools (MS Project Server preferred or other tool to create/monitor project plans)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of key Services' operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Speaks with authority to most layers of depth related to project management methods.
- Makes use of and contributes to Services PM Profession community.
- • Strong project and resource planning, monitoring and execution skills
• Customer oriented with strong customer service skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a virtual international environment , showing flexibility and initiative
• Effective time management and prioritization
• Ability to understand complex business scenarios and to create and execute plans that reflect this understanding
Problem management experience (identify risks in advance, issue's root cause and plan mitigation plans), sense of urgency to address solutions
Ability to interact and engage with external vendors in order to fulfill project deliverables
- PMP Certified
- Fluent in English
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top