IT Manager - Customer Order Management
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- Multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- Tablets, phablets, notebooks
- Mobile workstations
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create!
- Manage a team of individual contributors in the "Customer Order Management" area that typically includes more than 50% developers as well as architects, and software engineers; may include other IT resources as well. May carry project management responsibilities.
- Directs and controls activities for an area including one or more disciplines. Plans, directs, and monitors activities of staff with emphasis on innovation and creation of intellectual property; drives the strategic plan for the team.
- Understand, articulate and optimize application and technical capabilities for use by multiple business and IT constituents; responsible for design and development of applications, system performance tuning, certification and integration of software packages and large system integrations.
- Engineer solutions to meet business requirements. Direct the design and development of software and/or systems architectures. May be responsible for data modeling and database design and management, operating systems management, storage management
- Vendor management – Manage end to end delivery by the suppliers
- Ensure that systems and applications are highly available and meet or exceed performance expectations, and require little to no support. Resolve and implement solutions to issues that arise during testing. Provide technical resolution for responsible assets.
- Ensure team meets relevant IT metrics and commitments per IT business goals and objectives. Drive effective management of programs and initiatives; drive issue identification and prioritization and escalation coordination.
- Communicate organizational business plans and strategies and drives staffing plans, performance planning and review as well as talent management. Provide technical as well as people leadership.
- Exert influence beyond the immediate team; demonstrate business acumen and apply it for effective business engagement with internal customers and third parties; represent the needs of the business to IT and communicate IT standards to the businesses.
- Drive change management in the team or immediate organization; takes personal ownership of the IT strategy and drives support of it.
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree. Computer Science, advanced degree or MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of IT product management experience, including extensive experience in the Order Management area with minimum of five years' management or supervisory experience.
- Worked in a leadership role driving IT architecture and business model transformation
- Has worked with distributed engineering teams and vendors and global delivery frameworks
- A solid understanding of working on platforms and application directly impacting customers
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technology knowledge (Postgres, OO Design / Development, SQL, UNIX, mission critical-/high availability-concepts.)
- Practical experience with (Power) BI, IaaS (AWS, AZURE) and DevOps (Jenkins, Maven).
- Knowledge of Order Management systems especially SAP SD is a plus.
- Leadership - Able to lead and influence effectively in a complex environment, and deliver results; Able to influence without direct authority; Able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative; Able to drive team performance to best in class; Able to create and build highly effective product team and organization; Possesses strong negotiation, collaboration and influence management skills; Has an agile vs. waterfall mindset
- Budget Management & Cost Optimization - Manages within set spending parameters to protect HP's business and engineering assets, and ensures their effective engagement
- Workforce Planning - Executes acquisition and development strategies targeted to ensuring workforce readiness, and market opportunity responsiveness
- Experience of multiple full software release cycles. Understanding of modern software development methodologies. Understanding of modern software development tools and Software Configuration Management (SCM). Understanding of Software Test methodologies, and testing tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing individuals in both a matrix and direct relationships capacity. Should have demonstrated leadership and experience influencing at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated expertise within Supply Chain processes as well as an understanding of Information Management functions.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top