IT infrastructure Project Manager
Our team is part of Workplace Experience and HP on HP Solutions, which is part of HP IT.
We own all the site telecom projects within HP worldwide. Most of our portfolio is aligned with Corporate Real Estate & Workplace Services (CREWS) and it is derived from HP Business requests.
The teams deliver jointly on CREWS or IT initiatives that include new buildings, expansions, consolidations, closure, Site Transformations and enabling new telecom (Data and Voice ) services at an HP site (such as WAN, LAN, Lync, Wireless, Firewall etc.). This is a small and high performing organization that has demonstrated some of the most creative & innovative solution in IT. We manage and adjust our portfolio monthly due to the dynamic changes within the POA.
What will your role be?
- Manages internal project delivery within a geography or manage certain worldwide functions.
- Once the new project request comes in it is assigned to a project manager who then begins to work with the requestor and notes from SME to define scope and timeline.
- All projects are time critical so the ability to focus and deliver on commitments is key.
- Deploy an agile Project implementation model to respond at the speed of our Customers' expectations.
- Ensure delivery of positive employee workplace experiences through seamless integration.
- Conform to established global framework in capturing requests, costing, resource estimations and project durations.
- Manage and track changes to requests throughout project lifecycle
- Communicate & discuss the project portfolio with CREWS and the original Business requestor
- Ability to handle most unique situations.
- Manages project financials including business impact.
- Monitor & track of project expenses (Meets vs exceeds approved budget)
- Provides reliable financial forecasts to Management.
- Capturing Plan of Action with appropriate cost and benefits accurately
- Manages stakeholder relationships.
- Manages mid to upper level stakeholder relationships.
- Position requires to closely work with partner teams.
- IT & CREWS work jointly to deliver projects. This requires close interlock and planning with CREWS on scope and dates to meet desired business timelines.
- You will at times also be working with Global Telecom Voice or Data Engineering on solution design and costing especially for unique solutions.
- Manages project team.
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size generally up to 20 people
- Is aware of necessary skill development of project team members.
- Provides performance review input and development recommendations for team members.
- Finally as a member of IT you are also expected to
- Bring ideas, changes and improvements to tools, processes and results of IT.
- Update all relevant tracking systems (MSPS, SharePoint)
- Understand financial funding model; collate all funding location codes when required.
- Analyse and understand templates used for costing.
- Apply subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope.
- May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Join us if you have:
- University degree.
- 5+ years in project management roles or in like roles/businesses.
- Good knowledge & understanding of PM role and Project Management processes.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of key Services' operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Should have good knowledge and understanding of Network infrastructure devices like Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewalls
- Understanding of Telecom solutions – Candidate will be costing site telecom solutions consisting of voice and data solutions
- Speaks with expertise to many layers of depth related to project management methods.
- Communication Skills – Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be working remotely interacting and co-ordinating with team members and stakeholder so candidate must have good remote social skills strong written and verbal English.
- Understanding of SharePoint Lists, Project Management tools
- Good Finance Acumen – Understanding of capital, one time, recurring expenses, funding contracts, flash forecasts.
- Presentation Skills – Must know PowerPoint and it is desired that you have senior manager presentation experience
- Able to work across time zones in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work and influence key stakeholders in aligning site deliverables expected to close planning phase.
- Participates in the Services PM Profession community.
- On the PMP Certification path, having certificate is an advantage.
Your additional benefits package:
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Meal vouchers
- Contribution for mass transit coupon
- Life insurance
- Bonuses for increased work effort after returning from sickness leave
- Program for purchase of company products
- "BENEFLEX" flexible benefits
HP is a fortune 100 company, the market leader in commercial personal systems and printing, driving innovation that empowers people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies such as 3D printing, immersive computing, hyper mobility, Internet of all things and smart machines.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top