Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Participates as a member of development team. Performs basic analysis of functional or business requirements. Completes code stubs prepared by more senior developers. Participates in code review. Prepares and executes Unit tests. Applies advanced technical knowledge to maintain a technology area (e.g. Database Administration).
- May perform solution design. Applies HP and 3rd party technologies to infrastructure and software solutions of moderate complexity. Implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure or services prepared by more senior technologist.
Education and Experience Required
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or a Master's degree and up to two years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- 2 or more years of experience writing code in Java/J2EE, JS, JQuery; databases like SqlServer/ Oracle.
- Experience of one or more full release cycles. Basic understanding of modern software development methodologies (Object).
- Basic understanding of modern software development tools and SCM (software configuration management).
- Basic understanding of Software Test methodologies, test scripting and testing tools.
- Understanding of Basic Database Administration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Performs work assigned by others.
- Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks.
- Participates in, and may design, solutions for areas of project responsibility.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top