IT Cloud Migration Architect
Applies advancedsubject matter knowledge to solve complex cloud business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing cloud migration work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team. Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems. Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Performs solution design. Applies HP and 3rd party technologies and leads design of highly complex infrastructure and software solutions.
- Independently implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure or services of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for HP and customers. Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues.
- Reports on the holistic program of cloud migration with a solid understanding of inter- and intra-dependencies and resource needs.
- Works with the broader cloud team to develop / optimize the cloud adoption / prioritization model.
- Work with BU stakeholder groups, finance team to create a standard Resource Management process for public cloud migration and alignment on application migration prioritization.
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, and reports on risks and mitigations actions across the program while constantly assessing the overall program risk level.
- Liaises with the Technology Program Managers to understand the impact of changes to other projects within the portfolio.
- Involved in and supports the process of project initiation.
- Document and champion new public cloud feature functionality needed by application teams for migration with the public cloud enablement backlog grooming team
Education and Experience Required:
- A technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of and experience with public cloud providers Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure architecture, tools and cloud methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience managing Cloud Migration programs/projects and an ability to adapt experience into best practices for immediate use
- Technical or development experience in cloud environments, data migrations or data management projects. Demonstrated experience on multiple toolsets and adaptability to learn new tools and processes a plus.
- Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes)
- Familiarity with compliance and security standards
- Experience with Program or Project Management experience methodologies like Agile or Agile-like environments a plus
- Professional certification in project or program management preferred (e.g., PMP, PgMP, Scrum Master, Product Owner certification) a plus
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Experience designing and implementing new processes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build cross-functional relationships
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders and ability to work effectively with diverse styles and cultures
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with demonstrated executive engagement and proven ability to present strategic information to, and drive change across a broad range of audiences.
- Strong negotiating, influencing, change leadership and conflict resolution skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top