IT Business Planner supporting Finance
Join the Corporate Functions Operations team in planning and forecasting project financials. Assist in managing the budget process for specific domains in Corporate Functions IT including an understanding of what is in the plan and how we are tracking to the plan. Manage accruals process and Month End Close process for specific domains. Coordinate with other team members to ensure the CFIT plan is solid and the team will be able to execute to the plan.
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Conducts and summarizes complex data and business analyses to develop business plans, including project level expenditures and demand projections.
- Constructs statistical and financial models with minimal direction to forecast business performance.
- Defines the metrics required to measure business performance, and compares actual data to forecasted values.
- Works with cross-functional teams to facilitate the data collection and performance measurement process, and escalates issues as necessary. Makes contributions to research and analyses on priority projects within established guidelines.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 2-4 years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. First level university degree.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and the ability to manage data requests.
- Strong analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Demonstrated business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing project management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top