Internal Audit Specialist
- Spring, TX
HP is ranked among the Top Companies to work. Among the recognitions include, One of the World's Most Attractive Employers by Universum Global, One of the Top Companies for Women Technologists by Anita Borg Institute, One of the Top 10 Fortune 500 Companies Millennials are most excited to work for by SurveyMonkey, and Working Mother 100 Best Companies for 27 years. Furthermore, HP has received two consecutive Diversity Leader Awards from Profiles in Diversity Journal. HP was also awarded the Gold Medal by World Environment Center for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
The Internal Audit Specialist will have the o pportunity to transfer and work within 3 different areas within Audit (Global Function, Business Unit/Operations, IT Audit).
- Audits complex business processes and performs ad- hoc internal audits.
- Identifies inherent and residual risks and conducts risk-based audits.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the function to be audited, summarizes findings and identifies improvements.
- Supervises assigned audit activities.
- Manages and supports accounting and/or operational audits from start to finish.
- Conducts complex research and data analysis for various audit projects.
- Stays abreast of leading practices in auditing procedures, accounting regulations, governmental regulations, and internal control procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; CPA (Certified Public Accountant)or equivalent highly desirable
- Typically 4+ years of related experience in finance, accounting or audit.
- SOX certification related testing experience desirable
Knowledge and Skills:
- Systematic understanding of internal audit policies and operating principles.
- Intermediate understanding of core HP businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Intermediate risk assessment and scoping skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid financial and business acumen.
- Demonstrated project management skills such as planning, execution, and implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
Back to top