Intern - Software Developer, Display and Accessories
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Innovation is in HP's D&A. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939 to our current position as one of the world's leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
Join us for a 12-week paid summer internship designed to let you apply your classroom learnings to real-world challenges. Our internships have a thoughtful balance of networking, executive speakers, community involvement, big meaty projects (no paper filing here!) and fun!
Computer Science Interns at HP will be software developers on projects related to embedded SW, hardware, client-application, mobility, security, cloud and\or IoT type solutions. As a Windows software developer, knowing how to optimize Windows code and track\fix bugs are givens. The candidate also needs to know how to use Microsoft Visual Studio C++, C#, and Microsoft's .NET framework to design, develop, test, and deploy Windows-based applications that run on both 32bit and 64bit Windows loaded Thin Client computers. Your key talents should include understanding multiple Windows application development models, how to work with object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading. As a Windows Developer, it is expected the candidate has an in-depth understanding of software engineering principles, software life cycles (i.e. Agile SCRUM), security and virtualization principles.
- Working towards a Bachelor's (undergraduate) or Master's (graduate) degree in a technical discipline (e.g. computer science, computer engineering, data analytics, information technology, engineering, math). 3rd year completed toward Bachelor's degree or 1st year completed towards Master's degree.
- For software and firmware areas, beginning experience in XML, VB, HTML/DHTML, Python, C#, and/or C++ in a PC Windows, Android and/or Macintosh environment. Awareness of software lifecycles. Some knowledge (development and application) in multiple operating systems.
- Exposure to engineering principles, methodologies, and procedures. Demonstrated experience in organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Exposure to design, development and implementation of solutions
- Exposure to Solution Development Lifecycles, their associated processes and when to apply each (examples. Include Agile Development, XPlanning, traditional waterfall, etc.)
- Exposure to Quality Assurance and testing methods
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, foreign, and multi-cultural environments
- Innovative and creative approach to solving problems ("Think outside of the box" mentality)
- Solid English oral and written communication skills.
- Energetic with a desire to learn.
Back to top