The HP Inkjet Web Press is a new industrial printing solution built on HP Scalable Inkjet Printing Technology. We have revolutionized the digital web press industry by offering full-color, variable data printing at unprecedented speeds and paper widths.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Training/Documentation Team Instructional Designer to join us in this growing opportunity for HP.
Develop technical learning including Instructor led courses, virtual training, online tutorials, technical labs, audio and video assets. The technical training includes software, compute stack and workflow focused learning solutions
Primary Job Duties:
Conduct needs analyses to develop learning solutions targeted to meet audience needs. Select the appropriate media for delivery (e-Learning, blended, instructor-led, etc.), to ensure meeting customer needs. Produce instructional design documents such as storyboards, scripts, simulations, media, and assessment tools. Effectively evaluate the success of training programs in terms of learning outcomes. Champion leading trends, tools, and technologies in the learning industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning Education
- Desired: Bachelor's degree in technical field (CS, ME, EE, etc.)
- Experience with software training preferred.
- Be proficient in all three of the following areas: instructional design, instructional technology, and e-learning
- Strong project management skills
- Be able to create and develop online learning using the traditional ADDIE model and the more contemporary Rapid Prototype models
- Write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts, and video scripts
- Know the capabilities (and limitations) of e-learning development tools and software
- Understand related fields – usability and experience design, information design, communications and new technologies
- Know how to facilitate development and conduct effective research
- Be cross culturally competent – demonstrated understanding of the needs of a global audience and different learning styles
- Design and develop effective and creative content – extract information from Subject Matter Experts /SMEs and structure and organize content in a way that is easy to use
- Have a capacity for "ideation" – be innovative, creative
- Communicate well – visually and verbally
- Be a flexible problem solver who can apply instructional design concepts appropriately to unique situations
- Competently work with different types of Subject Matter Experts/SMEs (engineers, technicians, etc.) – requires strong listening skills, ability to interpret and convey technical content, and effective questioning and interview techniques
- Have experience with live webinar audio/video and multimedia production
- Be equally comfortable behind the camera as being onscreen/voice over talent
- Project management skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to work in fast changing environment
- Effective problem solver
- Presentation skills
- Training delivery (desired)
- Effectively work with different cultures
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top