Instant Ink SureSupply & Auto Replenish Services - BI Database Operations
HP INSTANT INK / NEW BUSINESS MODELS
This position is in the HP Instant Ink & New Business Models organization, a startup organization inside of HP, with a focus on SureSupply, Auto-Replenishment Service (ARS) and other new printing business models. The HP Instant Ink & New Business Models team leads the Internet-of-Things strategy for the consumer print business and is one of the top strategic priorities for the HP Print Business. HP SureSupply, ARS (Auto-replenishment system) and digital assets are designed to ease and automate HP customer journey when purchasing Printing Supplies. You will join a lean team responsible for testing, launching, and optimizing digital solutions for our print customers.
HP SURESUPPLY & ARS – BI DATABASE OPERATIONS
In this role, you will define, create and maintain the data system, tools and processes to make HP SureSupply and ARS programs successful. It requires someone with a strong reporting and data modeling background, analytical skills, project management experience and an action-oriented style.
- Data system design and operation
- Identify database requirements and design proposed systems: interview customers; analyze department applications, programming, and operations; evaluate existing systems.
- Recommend solutions by defining data models and database functional capabilities, database security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintain database operations and quality: Ensure loads and integrations are optimal and updated. Implement checks and alerts. Responsible for ongoing operation of the data system. Ensure data source integrity (all inputs and outputs) with daily data quality checks, maintenance & clean-up. Propose and support business process and system improvement projects; Generate and validate data quality reports.
- Create tables, views, projections, and implement optimal data models to support the business.
- Business analytics and reporting:
- Design reporting and dashboard strategy to monitor and track KPIs. Deliver reports and dashboards on a regular basis.
- Using your understanding of the business, deliver statistical analyses and visualizations to explain customer behavior and deliver business insights.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Science or Mathematics and/or MBA.
- 5+ year experience in Business Intelligence, data modeling and gathering business requirements and converting to Data Warehouse specifications.
- Strong IT database management (preferably BI)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong knowledge in database design, data modeling, administration and optimization.
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies such as Omniture, Google Analytics, SAS, Spotfire, Vertica or any other similar platform and tools.
- Experience in advanced web analytics methodologies and web analytic tools.
- Experience with reporting and analytic tools including Tableau, Google Analytics, Qlikview, SAS, R3
- Ability to query databases and to work with data efficiently are musts.
- High attention to details and to process improvements. Problem solving mindset.
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in new, fast-paced environment
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top