Instant Ink Senior Analyst – Customer Analytics
This position is in support of HP Instant Ink, a worldwide ink subscription initiative lead out of HP's Imaging, Printing & Solutions Global Business Unit. HP Instant Ink represents one of the top strategic priorities for the IPS business thus a critical success factor to generating future revenue growth for HP. As the market share and financial leader in the global inkjet market, HP's inkjet business was built on the highly successful "razor and blade" business model. HP Instant Ink represents a new subscription based business model that is designed to transform the global inkjet market by radically changing the perceived value of HP ink.
HP Instant Ink Senior Analyst – Customer Analytics
The business analyst will be responsible for providing ongoing analytical support and insights to the Instant Ink team. The analyst will have deep customer understanding and empathy that they will leverage to make recommendations for demand generation, customer acquisition and customer retention.
Modeling & Segmentation:
- Performs advanced Ad Hoc customer analyses (value tiers, LTV, cohort analyses) and data queries
- Synthesizes data from multiple sources, develops assumptions where needed, to drive data-driven business insights.
- Designs survey questionnaires relevant to understand business opportunities and learn more about our customers;
- Story teller based on actual data, the ideal candidate is able to clearly, succinctly and persuasively explain the findings to many audiences.
- He/she instills confidence in recommendations, contributes to the development of hypotheses and actions, presents to Management team and motivates stakeholders to take action.
Customer acquisition & retention
- Identify optimization opportunities to drive Instant Ink customer acquisition and retention
- Help Solutions team identify optimization opportunities (CRM/promo/POS strategy etc.) to maximize Instant Ink Revenue.
- Analyze raw data from customer surveys, extract actionable insights, develop resulting action plans to go after opportunities
Analytics & Ecosystem
- Help identify cross-channel and optimization opportunities
- Be an evangelist of data-informed decision making and consistently identify new ways to leverage data and analysis
- Validate the accuracy/validity of data from various sources
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in any of the following: Mathematics, Data Science, MBA, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Economics or Science.
- 6+ years of data analysis work experience, preferably in Direct Marketing.
- Significant experience in analyzing customer data using current state of practice quantitative techniques including (machine learning, text analytics...).
- Familiarity with Big Data platforms is a plus;
- Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, willingness to learn, and desire to succeed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Distinctive strategic and analytical capabilities. Demonstrated capacity to identify and communicate business insights from complex, data-driven business analysis.
- Demonstrated deep customer understanding and empathy in previous roles.
- Proven experience with advanced modeling techniques such as logistic regression, generalized linear models, decision trees, factor analysis, cluster analysis, survival analysis, etc.
- Experience using R, Python, SAS, or SPSS for data analysis. Familiarity with Qlikview and SiteCatalyst.
- Basic SQL proficiency preferred
- Experience with A/B testing evaluation.
- Understanding of finance basics, especially Income Statement.
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools
- Startup attitude and a passion for business innovation. Ability to work in new, fast-paced environments
- Outstanding written/oral communication skills. Experience creating intuitive presentations of complex information. Fluent in English
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top