Instant Ink Product Owner
- Vancouver, WA
There are not many times in your career when you get the opportunity to change a multi-billion dollar franchise, work with scary smart people and build out your resume so that it is the envy of your friends and colleagues.Welcome to HP's Instant Ink organization!
With HP Instant Ink, our goal is to address the #1 pain point consumers have been telling us about printing: cost of ink. Through a new and innovative model, we will transform the global inkjet market by changing the perceived value of ink while enabling additional, new revenue generating business models.HP Instant Ink represents one of the top strategic priorities for HP's Print organization, and will give you visibility at the highest levels in the company.
This important position is for a Product Owner (PO) on the HP Instant Ink web development team.The HP Instant Ink web development team uses an Agile development model, paired programming and a number of industry leading technologies like Ruby on Rails, New Relic, Splunk, Jenkins, Chef and more.The PO works with various Instant Ink stake holders to create product requirements, prioritize these requirements, translate them into assignments for the engineering team and works day-to-day with engineering team in guiding them through ceremonies (e.g. stand-ups), work assignment, defect triage and more.The work is complex, fast, and critically important to HP.
Within the Instant Ink processes, our POs have the following responsibilities:
- Develops technical product knowledge or specific domain expertise
- Collaborates with the Technical Product Managers and other POs to understand and translate business requirements into executable stories for the development team
- Works closely with a development team to ensure the right customer problem is solved
- Ensures user stories are "ready" for development to start work
- Ensures each story has the correct acceptance criteria
- Prioritizes defect or bug resolution
- Establishes a development plan and assigns development tracks
- Ensures progress against established plan and makes determinations based on appreciation of business goals to alter or update the plan to meet business needs
- Communicates progress, escalations, and issue assessment to product stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal development partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices
- Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent
- Typically 4-6 years experience
- CSPO, PSPO, or PMI-ACP certification or prior PO experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development processes like those of XP
- Ability to translate customer language into technical details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Back to top