We are looking for a talented, strategic thinker to partner with global business leaders and agency partners to drive motivating and effective marketing strategies and communications. This is a renaissance insights role with a focus on synthesizing and applying a range of research, trends, analytics and instinct to uncover opportunities for the business. You day to day focus will be turning information into compelling insights based on local human truths.
The Insights Manager will be a foundational partner for both the Print and PS marketing teams in their region. They will also work closely with the Global Insights and Impact teams to help drive synergy across initiatives and facilitate integration of marketing insights and efforts. They are tasked with inspiring these teams with their breakthrough insights and ideas.
To be successful in this role he or she will need to be creative, imaginative and skilled at thinking strategically.
- Become the foremost expert on customer/consumer insights for the region.
- Translate research data and key findings into insights that drive marketing and communications strategies, approaches and plans.
- Gain a comprehensive context for communications and advertising strategies by analyzing a range of information in detail, including demographics, socio-economics and the market for the client's product and market share.
- Commission research from outside organizations to inform advertising strategies, using both qualitative methods, such as focus groups and structured interviews, and quantitative methods, such as demographic profiling and questionnaires; run research groups.
- Find an 'angle' on a specific product or service on which to base an advertising campaign
- Provide the internal teams and the creative teams with a clearly defined brief that contains concise information on the product, audience and strategy;
- Challenge external partners to bring forward innovative ways of generating and using insights (e.g. processes, cross-collaboration research, methodologies)
- Facilitate more valuable, differentiated insights and ideas
- Seek out opportunities and emerging trends to proactively provide marketers and product development teams with critical information and insights.
- Monitor market and industry trends, and share best practices with internal clients and external partners
- Collaborate across the pan-HP Media, Analytics and Insights organization to apply all the research to reveal insights and craft inspiring briefs
Knowledge & Skills
- Creativity and imagination; ability to think strategically
- Experience in creative development
- Foundational knowledge of marketing research methodologies
- Ability to capture, analyze and drive understanding of customer/market trends
- A combination of analytical skills, curiosity and a strong interest in people
- Foundational understanding of consumers and of business end-users
- Consultative skills to define key internal stakeholder needs and questions
- Interface effectively with multiple levels of internal customers
- Ability to work as part of a team and listening skills when dealing with consumers, clients and colleagues
- Foundational knowledge of business strategy principles, practices, tactics and tools
- Tolerance for ambiguity and multiple overlapping deadlines
- Excellent influencing, consensus-building and conflict-resolution skills
- Knowledge of marketing research vendor management, agency practices and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- The ability to work under pressure
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in business, marketing, research, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of work experience in strategic planning, insights or research
- Agency experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage the execution of marketing research projects, generate customer and market insights, and tie these insights to actionable business recommendations
- Excellent communications, storytelling, and influencing skills
- Experience in communicating and collaborating with business partners
- Highly proficient with Excel, Power Point and rest of MS Office
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top