Inside Sales Representative
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
Inside Sales Representative applies extensive knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways. Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures for new assignments.
- Proactively sells products, services, supplies to installed base and through "cold calling" in support of company promotion and upgrade campaigns.
- Multi-product/service, complex sales, typically sells integrated solutions.
- Identifies emerging market trends and opportunities.
- Leads new market penetration campaigns.
- Significant input to development of quota objectives and future direction within territory, area, and/or accounts.
- Interfaces with highly diverse set of functions and buyers at all levels within customer organization - including highest levels of Executive.
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and execute account through the management and coordination of sales activities.
- Aggressively reviews account activities in pursuit of new business or up- selling opportunities.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map HP capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
- Execute campaign follow- up and lead management.
- As dictated by the selling model, engages partners effectively to improve win rates on selective deals.
- Nurtures and closes new opportunities that result in substantial incremental orders, revenue and margins to HP, representing the entire HP portfolio of products and services.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Extensive hands on selling experience preferably in IT industry
- Expert in discipline offerings; technical ability to develop a total sales engagement.
- Viewed as an expert in company; sought out by other sales reps and/or managers for input.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Complex negotiation and selling skills with multiple products and service solutions.
- Project management skills in directing or coordinating selling sales support activities on complex sales.
- Consistently demonstrates proactive activities within accounts to uncover new business and take ownership for new opportunities.
- Consistently meets or exceeds metrics related to inbound calls set by segment management.
- Understands the client procurement processes and knows key decision criteria for winning new and or maintaining existing business.
- Displays ability to clearly articulate HP value propositions and solution discussions with customer.
- Demonstrates ability to take on more complex accounts and direct and global engagements.
- Exhibits thorough knowledge of HP portfolio, observed via customer interaction, test scores, and limited reliance on technical support, Pre-sales or internal resources to discuss products or solutions with customers.
- High level of negotiation skills at the business manager and IT executive level.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the business manager level.
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top