At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies extensive knowledge the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways. Comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures for new assignments. Typically provides guidance to other non- exempt employees.
- Proactively sells products, services, supplies to installed base and through "cold calling" in support of company promotion and upgrade campaigns.
- Multi-product/service, complex sales, typically sells integrated solutions.
- Directs and coordinates supporting activities.
- Identifies emerging market trends and opportunities.
- Trains, coaches and leads other Inside Sales Reps., both Outbound and Inbound.
- Leads new market penetration campaigns.
- Significant input to development of quota objectives and future direction within territory, area, and/or accounts.
- Interfaces with highly diverse set of functions and buyers at all levels within customer organization - including highest levels of Executive.
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and execute account through the management and coordination of sales activities.
- Aggressively reviews account activities in pursuit of new business or up- selling opportunities.
- Responsible for pipeline and forecast responsibility in accordance with sales center business process.
- Analyzes client industry and competitive research and information to facilitate rich client dialogue.
- Builds strong professional relationships with key IT and business executives
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map HP capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
- Execute campaign follow- up and lead management.
- Orchestrates the resources and sponsorship essential for executing business effectively. ' Drives integrated planning and coordinated sales execution.
- As dictated by the selling model, engages partners effectively to improve win rates on selective deals.
- Nurtures and closes new opportunities that result in substantial incremental orders, revenue and margins to HP, representing the entire HP portfolio of products and services.
Education and Experience Required:
- Four year university/ Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Typically 6-8years of combined IT or selling experience preferable in IT industry
- Additional, specialized knowledge-breadth/depth.
- Expert in discipline offerings; technical ability to develop a total sales engagement.
- Multiple years over quota performance with progressively more difficult assignments.
- Viewed as an expert in company; sought out by other sales reps and/or managers for input.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Complex negotiation and selling skills with multiple products and service solutions.
- Project management skills in directing or coordinating selling sales support activities on complex sales.
- Consistently demonstrates proactive activities within accounts to uncover new business and take ownership for new opportunities.
- Consistently meets or exceeds metrics related to inbound calls set by segment management.
- Understands the client procurement processes and knows key decision criteria for winning new andor maintaining existing business.
- Displays ability to clearly articulate HP value propositions and solution discussions with customer.
- Demonstrates ability to take on more complex accounts and direct and global engagements.
- Exhibits thorough knowledge of HP portfolio, observed via customer interaction, test scores, and limited reliance on technical support, Pre-sales or internal resources to discuss products or solutions with customers.
- Consistently meets or exceeds metrics related to outbound calls, open pipeline opportunities, and closed won revenue set by segment management.
- High level of negotiation skills at the business manager and IT executive level.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the business manager level.
- Solid knowledge of HP's breadth of solutions
- Solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and be able to converse with client on issues and challenges
- Ability to mentor peers
- Partner organization intelligence aligned with partner management skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top