Innovation Strategic Alliance manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Consumer Personal Systems (CPS) Group is leading the process to reinvent the consumer PC business. As part of this reinvention, we are building a product management organization that is obsessed with our customer, analyzing the competition, driving innovation and thinking about the end-to-end customer experience to bring products that deliver the best price, features set and value proposition to our customers around the world. The Strategic Alliance manager sits within the CPS product management organization is responsible for defining and executing the innovation agenda for CEPS with external partners such as Microsoft, Intel, Nvidia.
You will be responsible for defining the customer pain points and insights, work with different stakeholders to ideate, validate, bring new technology from our partners and ultimately deliver these technologies to market. In this role you will be required to establish relationship with suppliers, CTO, business units, ID and other stakeholders to collaboratively collect and implement the innovation agenda. You will be responsible for owning the innovation agenda with our external partners to create a win win solution.
Successful candidates will have extensive customer insights and analytical skills.
- Own and Manage strategic relationship with our key partners. Ensure alignment of key technology areas and pilot projects for market and technology assessment
- Assemble, manage and lead multidisciplinary project teams to advance the development, submission, approval, and launch of new innovative products. Organize, schedule, and facilitate cross-functional team meetings across domestic and international sites as necessary to exchange information, identify risks, chart progress, and promote collaboration.
- Define the scope of work for each new project, clearly identify tasks and responsibilities for all project team members and establish target completion dates for key project milestones. Interface with department managers and senior management to facilitate allocation and prioritization of resources necessary to achieve objectives within established timelines.
- Track project progress, monitor project budget, report project status, and analyze results against objectives, e.g. SharePoint, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Facilitate the exchange of required information and documentation and lead collaborative meetings and teleconferences between internal personnel and outside suppliers to resolve emerging issues and technology transfer.
- Identify and resolve emerging issues that may impact project, department or regional goals. Recognize potential threats to project success and elevate issues to senior management.
- Conduct lessons learned and project close-out sessions to obtain information that can be used to improve future projects. .
- Manage project budgets and participate in quarterly forecasting and budgeting exercises.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing or insights
- A strong track record of delivering high quality, breakthrough products
- Strong Project or Program Management experience.
- Business development experience and Strategic Alliance experience
- Demonstrated effective oral and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and superior organization skills. Supervisory experience a plus.
Proficiency in standard business applications is required, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project.
Back to top