Innovation and Engineering Learning Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Innovation and Engineering Learning Manager
HP Inc.: Who we are
We are the leading printing and personal systems technology company in the world, and we are here to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
In an ever-changing, connected world, HP Inc. keeps reinventing itself, its technologies, and what tomorrow holds - so industries, communities, and individuals can keep reinventing how they operate, ideate and create what matters most to them.
We operate with the heart, creativity, and energy of a start-up, and with the brain, muscles, and determination of a Fortune 100 corporation. We use this unique combination, along with our 50,000 world-class employees and 75+ year legacy of innovation, to engineer experiences that amaze our customers.
You'll be part of the Innovation and Engineering Learning Team
The Innovation and Engineering Learning team, part of the HR Talent and Learning Team plays an essential role in designing and delivering experience that develop and inspire employees to be innovative, have a growth mindset and grow in their career.
The Innovation and Engineering Learning team is an integral partner with the businesses through the development of employees to accelerate ideas to viable solutions as well as ensuring that our engineering and technical community is empowered to be innovative leaders in the industry and reinvent for overall business growth.
The Innovation and Engineering Learning Program Manager is a designer, developer and deliverer of learning experiences, labs, and programs to enable an innovation mindset across all organizations. This person will help create and support learning strategies that support Talent & Learning priorities with key stakeholders. The successful candidate is a creative thinker with strong program management skills and prides her/himself on being innovative and driving new ways of learning. She/he should have an instinctual curiosity about trends in adult learning and career development. The Innovation and Engineering Learning Program Manager needs to leverage empathy interviews, data and business insights to create compelling messaging that illustrates behaviour shifts and employee development to the extended HR teams and HR Leadership team.
This is an individual contributor role that reports into HR Talent & Learning, and the Head of Innovation and Engineering Learning. You will have access to a group of super bright and collaborative peers in the HR function and business as well as top industry technologist. You will need to be able to influence and support individuals and teams to own and implement your learning experiences.
On a typical day you might ...
- Work collaboratively with team members from HR, CTO Office and the business to a create relevant learning plan and programs.
- Develop, design and deliver learning experiences, labs, workshops and sessions.
- Work alongside the Talent team to create communications that clearly articulate the value and outcomes of your learning programs to the business senior leaders.
- Identify ways of measuring impact and report those results.
- Project manage your workstreams, provide status updates and report key metrics to HR leadership teams.
- Present ideas in a concise manner to large audiences.
- Collaborate with the team to leverage our social learning platform for your programs.
This job might be for you if:
- You are curious, creative, a good communicator, multi-dimensional, scrappy and motivated.
- You are passionate about developing people in areas of innovation and design thinking.
- You excel at taking risks, piloting innovative ideas that challenge the status quo of “how things have always been done”.
- You are resilient and enthusiastic and have an ambition to jump in and make it happen.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, love to connect the dots and see it as an opportunity to create and take ownership.
- You like to understand the root of a problem by using a mix of empathy, data and insights.
- You thrive in collaborative environment with other bright creative people who share your passion for developing people.
- You are someone who thinks ahead, plans-in-advance, and loves to build project plans - knocking down obstacles along the way and getting stuff done.
- You like to have fun along the way.
To land this role, you need to have some experience ...
- Working with business and project leaders and quickly getting their trust, so they see you as a business partner and problem finder and solver.
- Working in a high-tech change management role for about 3-5 years. This will give you an appreciation for the pace at which you'll need to operate and how nimble you'll need to be.
- Understanding of what it takes to driving learning experiences and programs; from creation to launch; marketing and managing engagement for the duration.
- Strong project management skills including gathering and communicating key metrics.
- Using and/or facilitating Design Thinking and human-centered approaches on a regular basis.
- Solving problems quickly and effectively with solid business reasoning to execute daily with a bias for creative thinking and doing.
- Understanding what it means to develop a growth mindset, how and why to leverage different learning models and ways to measuring their impact.
Back to top